sony bdp-370 firmware upgrade problems.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,i just downloaded firmware from sony site,but having problems my player accepting the disc.i know i must be doing something wrong.anyone any ideas?i also tried connecting to internet using cable for auto downloads which i have done with the sony playstation in the past.but all i get is connection okay but no server.

manicm

When I got my 370 I upgraded the firmware with no problems. I did it manually:

1. Download the file.

2. Unzip it.

3. Burn unzipped files to a blank CD.

4. Insert burned disc and wait until player turns off - display will give status - about 9 steps.

A

Anonymous

manicm:

When I got my 370 I upgraded the firmware with no problems. I did it manually:

1. Download the file.

2. Unzip it.

3. Burn unzipped files to a blank CD.

4. Insert burned disc and wait until player turns off - display will give status - about 9 steps.
thanks for info,for some reason my pc wont open the file.but i am sending the player back tomorrow for excessive noise.hope this isnt a common setback on this player because otherwise its superb.but after reading a few having problems i think i will get my money back and look for something else cheers.sorry i now sold my pioneer 320.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Clown & Manicm,

Why don't you just hook an ethernet cable up to the rear of the unit and download the latest firmware?

It is only a matter of a minute or two.

I'm surprised that you are still doing it manually using a dics.

Ronald

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:

Clown & Manicm,

Why don't you just hook an ethernet cable up to the rear of the unit and download the latest firmware?

It is only a matter of a minute or two.

I'm surprised that you are still doing it manually using a dics.

Ronald

If the internet connection is lost half way through, you may have a dead machine. A cd is far safer.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hammill,

I have had the ethernet cable set up with various blu-ray players for some time now and never once did I encounter any loss in the internet connection when carrying out a firmware update. I trail a cable from my bedroom where the router is, to my living room.

Anyone with a Profile 2 blu-ray player shouldn't have to burn cd's anymore - a thing of the past and a necessity with Profile 1 players unfortunately.

All it cost me was £5.00 for a really long lead and I have this set up permanently where my blu-ray player is sitting. A one time negligible cost for such a convenience (in the absence of Wi-Fi, which is even better!)

Also, with the S-370 in particular, there is so much more that is available - BBC i Player etc etc, so how would this be accessed without intenet connectivity?

Ronald

A

Anonymous

I also have an update problem with my bdp-s370. Updated last night via internet through Sony Network Update and I have no picture signal coming from the bdp-s370.

I only see the blu-ray load up screen before it goes blank.

I have tried to reduce the picture resolution on the player, but still no good. My tv is a LG LH4000.

It looks like it's bricked, apart from the blu-ray player. No media menu and no picture/sound from standard dvds. Only blu-ray works! I bought the bdp-s370 to stream movies from Lovefilm.

I don't think the update has been installed correctly, possibly a corrupt update?

I have contacted Sony by e-mail, I await there response.

I don't think it's the fault of the hdmi cable, unless Sony have improved the hdmi connectivity to v1.4 for 3D.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
This is potentially the problem with 'on line' updates.....I had one similar a while back while trying to update a tv - connection was lost half way through and the tv had to be repaired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts