Sony A95L (XR-65A95L)

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks,

Been thinking about upgrading my old SONY 4K UHD TV for the 65in A95L OLED or similarly sized X95L Mini LED to partner my existing SONY HT-A7000 soundbar, SA-RS5 rear surrounds & SA-SW5 sub.

If I’d be predominantly using this TV for viewing action movies, sports & for PS-5 gaming normally in quite a bright room, which of these 2 TV’s would you recommend?

Much obliged.

Best regards.

Last edited:

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
If you want the best picture quality the OLED is the way to go.

However, I personally wouldn't hook up a games console to what is a very expensive screen.
Read in a number of articles or reviews that Mini LED would suit SD & HD sports broadcasts best(?)

BTB. Amazed to see that you’re still getting satisfaction from your Pioneer Kuro screen(?) Much enjoyment viewing content on my Kuro til around 7 years back, when it started playing up.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Might be that the inherent flaws of LCD technology (trails with movement) are more forgiving than OLED movement. Depends how sensitive someone is to the different display types and their handling of motion, and also what one is used to watching. Having watched both I prefer OLED, but will happily watch most things on either.

The Kuro is great. Had to tweak the numbers on the service menu to get rid of the red tint to blacks which was a known issue by many, but in doing so, the blacks are inky black and it's the best HD pic I have seen from a 1080p panel (aside from the KRP-500M they produced). Great detail, natural colours and good motion!

Reactions: Babur72

Fraz60

Aug 7, 2021
Visit site
I am astonished that the review makes no comment about how this Sony OLED performs when watching sport. Football and rugby with the static on screen score has been the scourge of OLEDs. I got rid of the Sony A1 after they bricked it with an update that caused ridiculous dimming and ruined my enjoyment of the game. That was 5 years ago but from what I’ve read widely, things haven’t changed or have they? How does this model perform in this regard?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts