Sony 820 or Denon 1909?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can get the Sony for £230 which just got a rave review, or the 1909 for £299 which my local AV shop recommends. I've demoed the 1909 and it sounds great but im trying to squeeze down the price of my setup as much as possible. However don't want to compromise the quality at all. I have the the 51FD Pioneer Bluray and will be getting 5.0 Quad L-ites and a Rel sub. Thanks guys.

Greg

*Edit* Just noticed the Sony is quite a bit smaller than the Denon, which is handy as it going into a cabinet and the Denon is a tight fit!

A

Anonymous

Thnaks Andrew. I said that to the guys at Home Media in Maidstone and they say the Denon is better than all those ones mentioned. I don't know who's right!

If you were to pick from your list, which would you go for?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I'd second the Yamaha; heard it and love it more than my own. I bought a 1909 in the 3 minutes that it had a What Hi-Fi 5 star rating. It's good (and getting better), but I guess I just don't love Denon. Don't think the Yamaha upscales tho?

A

Anonymous

I guess I don't really need upscaling though do I? Sky HD, Bluray, Xbox 360 Elite. Unless im wrong?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:
I'd second the Yamaha; heard it and love it more than my own. I bought a 1909 in the 3 minutes that it had a What Hi-Fi 5 star rating. It's good (and getting better), but I guess I just don't love Denon. Don't think the Yamaha upscales tho?

It does, to 1080p but like most receivers under the grand mark, only from analogue (ie it doesn't upscale hdmi). The 606 only upscales to 1080i (analogue only again). As the other guy said though, if you have all hdmi connected components, that already have upscaling functions and your screen (plasma or LCD) will also upscale, it's not needed anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts