Sony 55X4500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, all - I can't see an individual thread with this title (forgive me if I am wrong), so thought I would start one, as I collected this set last week.

For what it's worth, I think it's awesome - stunning blacks, no clouding, excellent handling of movement, excellent SD, and hi-def that makes you just want to step inside the screen.

I would have initially preferred Kuros plasma, but this was impractical due to highly reflective glass in a very bright conservatory, but I can't see how LCD could be better.

We view the set from 6m distance, but could easily watch SD at 4m, and hi-def at 2m (or closer!).

If collecting it, beware! We nearly lost ours to someone from France who was picking it up just as we phoned the shop, but it wouldn't fit in his car - it only juussst went in the back of our long wheelbase Defender.

matthewpiano

We've got the 46" version in our shop and I agree it is an awesome TV. Its the best TV Sony have ever made and, as you say, black levels are outstanding. I've also been incredibly impressed with the audio quality from the set's built-in speakers. Worth every penny of its considerable price tag.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Yep, the 55" is a beauty, but at five and a half thousand pounds in my local Sony Centre here in Norway, it was out of my range as was the beast that is the 70".

I went for the 52W4500 and am most impressed with the performance.
Can't wait to relegate it to the bedroom when the 80" Mitsubishi Tri-Laser comes down in price :)

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
alanm:
Hi, all - I can't see an individual thread with this title (forgive me if I am wrong), so thought I would start one, as I collected this set last week.

For what it's worth, I think it's awesome - stunning blacks, no clouding, excellent handling of movement, excellent SD, and hi-def that makes you just want to step inside the screen.

I would have initially preferred Kuros plasma, but this was impractical due to highly reflective glass in a very bright conservatory, but I can't see how LCD could be better.

We view the set from 6m distance, but could easily watch SD at 4m, and hi-def at 2m (or closer!).

If collecting it, beware! We nearly lost ours to someone from France who was picking it up just as we phoned the shop, but it wouldn't fit in his car - it only juussst went in the back of our long wheelbase Defender.

H,

An 18' conservatory? A 55" screen - you should be charging your neighbours to watch!!

You and Hughes will be starting a 'mines is bigger than yours' thread...although he'd have a Range Rover Sport, not a Defender.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Great to heart from you, Cofnchtr - If Hughes has a Range Rover Sport, tell him to sell it now.

The Defender (four months old) broke down this morning (a faulty sensor - when the engine detects a "fault" (whether it is a fault or not) it cunningly restricts the revs, so the engine goes flat, which makes you think you are going to conk out on the next, dangerous, B-road, bend). The pick-up vehicle driver said Range Rovers are worse... Thank goodness for Sony.

Why do agricultural vehicles need sensors? They need straw! No previous Landies ever stopped on me, and neither should this one.

Also, some UK Sony Centres will sell a 55X4500 for £4185 with a Blu Ray - just PM if I can advise!

PS - the conservatory is bigger than the house...

TRENDING THREADS