Sony 55HX853 Stand Nightmare

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Slooper - well, there it is: irrefutable proof such a stand exists! :clap: I think I'll give them a call (did you have any more joy yourself, btw?). Looks ideal to just lift the TV above the soundbar (I currently have two smallish pieces of wood under the Sony plinth which just raise it sufficeiently but don't show behind the soundbar).

Just order a BLOK Stax-Low Duo stand to take the Sony TV, the new soundbar and my stripped down Cyrus/Supernait boxes, together with the Humax and Panny Blu ray, so very excited that at last I'll be able to accommodate everything on on nice-looking unit (as is Mrs. Naxos!).

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I was speaking to Clare Newsome just before Christmas on Twitter and she suggested I waited until CES. I'm glad I took her advice as I've decided to wait as I think I'll get the new 55W900A.

I'm still going to get a custom made Blok Stax-Lo Uno stand. Naxos wondering if you could please post a pic of your new stand with your 40HX853.

Cheers!

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
DistortedVision said:
I was speaking to Clare Newsome just before Christmas on Twitter and she suggested I waited until CES. I'm glad I took her advice as I've decided to wait as I think I'll get the new 55W900A.

I'm still going to get a custom made Blok Stax-Lo Uno stand. Naxos wondering if you could please post a pic of your new stand with your 40HX853.

Cheers!
Sure, happy to! I'm having a couple of extra slots added to the back to help with cables and ventilation, so delivery is around 4 to 6 weeks - I'll try and get some shots when I've got it all set up. They seem really nice people to deal with.

Yes, interesting they appear to have ditched the soundbar plinth for the 2013 range. :doh:

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Naxos said:
Cheers Slooper - well, there it is: irrefutable proof such a stand exists! :clap: I think I'll give them a call (did you have any more joy yourself, btw?). Looks ideal to just lift the TV above the soundbar (I currently have two smallish pieces of wood under the Sony plinth which just raise it sufficeiently but don't show behind the soundbar).

Just order a BLOK Stax-Low Duo stand to take the Sony TV, the new soundbar and my stripped down Cyrus/Supernait boxes, together with the Humax and Panny Blu ray, so very excited that at last I'll be able to accommodate everything on on nice-looking unit (as is Mrs. Naxos!).

Hey Naxos, no luck i'm afraid, the last I was told was that the VLS (their spare parts system) was having technical difficulties, and they would get in touch when it is sorted. I am slowly giving up trying to get this stand, what makes it worse is that I had it in my hands already and sold it :doh:

Just been looking at a few TV units instead and really like the look of this one:

http://www.wayfair.co.uk/Techlink-Avatar-TV-Stand-PTV1BBG-TLK1054.html

I don't want to spend a huge amount but this one looks quite smart.

What do you think?

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Slooper, you know I was talking to Daz on AV Forums about the stand you sold him. Well you know he actually returned his HX853 and was looking to sell the stand on. So you should get back in touch with him to see if you can buy it off him! He may not have got round to selling it because of Christmas etc. I've sent him a PM for you also.

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
DistortedVision said:
Slooper, you know I was talking to Daz on AV Forums about the stand you sold him. Well you know he actually returned his HX853 and was looking to sell the stand on. So you should get back in touch with him to see if you can buy it off him! He may not have got round to selling it because of Christmas etc. I've sent him a PM for you also.

Thank you very much, much appreciated. I have just messaged Daz with an offer to buy his stand, fingers crossed he still has it.

Cheers, Jason

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just to let you know I've been in touch with Customer Support at Sony by phone and e-mail and have received confirmation that they can indeed supply the stand for my 40" 853. :dance: They requested various details such as serial number, etc., and say they'll get back to me in the next 36 hours.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
That's great news and further proof that a normal stand is indeed available for the tv, seems like alot of hassle getting hold of one though but just glad you got there in the end :bounce:

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Naxos said:
Hi guys,

Just to let you know I've been in touch with Customer Support at Sony by phone and e-mail and have received confirmation that they can indeed supply the stand for my 40" 853. :dance: They requested various details such as serial number, etc., and say they'll get back to me in the next 36 hours.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Nice one! I'm glad someone has got some sense out of Sony Customer Service. I gave up with them in the end, but thanks to DistortedVision who kindly told me that Daz, who purchased my original stand, had returned his TV and luckily still had the stand for sale and sold it to me. I now have the infamous SU-HX85M stand waiting for my TV to be delivered :bounce:

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Great news, Slooper!

Sony just got back to me to say the part is currently unavailable and they'll get back in touch as soon as it's in the warehouse - I thought things were going too smoothly! I noticed a reviewer on the John Lewis site mentioned getting the stand, and apparently he'd been told it has to be shipped from Belgium, so I remain confident. :pray:

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Sony really do seem to be messing people around with this stand. They really should have offered the stand to buyers as an official alternative to the tilting stand, not as some part from Belgium that you have to scour the internet for to even know it's available. If they had just stuck to the normal stand (like Asia/US), then I am sure Sony would have sold even more of these TV, as this extra wide tilting stand is just not practical for a lot of people.

I see from their 2013 models that they have learnt their lesson and gone for a more traditional stand, hopefully the designers who thought the tilting stand was a good idea have now been strung up by their testicles and whipped with an HDMI cable :grin: .

Hopefully they will get stock of the stand in soon; I wouldn't rely on Sony to tell you when it is back in stock though, it's probably best to keep checking yourself. Hope you get one soon.

Slooper

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
For those wanting to purchase the Sony vertical stand, I have had a voice mail from Sony support today saying that the stand is now in stock and can be ordered. So if you're after one give 'em a call quick.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Yay! I also had this message yesterday, with an e-mail from Sony to say that someone would contact me to arrange for payment "shortly". I'm tenatively optimistic...

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
...and stand is now ordered and paid for! :dance:

Thanks for everybody's help with this - I'll get a photo up when the BLOK arrives and I've finished the big move around.

A

Anonymous

ohh someone read my review :)

it was indeed sent from Belgium, but was a real hassle just to get it. mine was the SU-HX85L for the 55" version

A

Anonymous

Naxos said:
danepak said:
ohh someone read my review :)

Yep, that was me! :grin:

:) glad someone read it. just thought when i wrote the review, people needed to know about the "normal" stand.

have just discovered that my tv has a stuck green pixel and what looks like a few dead pixels underneath. so my perfect tv is not so anymore. gettin someone to have a look at it tomorrow

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts