Sony 370 stopped playing discs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Up until a couple of weeks ago my Sony BDP-S370 has been faultless. Then it started getting picky on which DVDs / BDs it would play. Now it has stopped loading discs of any kind. They briefly spin up then it says no disc.

I've searched on the web but can't find any similar cases. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Ian

A

Anonymous

Is there an easy way to clean it?

It's 2 years old, and I always clean discs before I put them in.

Thanks,

Ian

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Amazon has a large selection of lens cleaner discs, they don't cost much.

I hope that's the problem, my '363 is more selective, it plays DVDs ok, but won't recognise Blu rays at all! I really should replace it.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
My S350 stopped playing all discs as well ( after watching 2012, so perhaps the end of the world for that machine. :)).

Cannot use a laser claening disc as it will not recognise any discs.

Had the machine apart and manually cleaned the lens but still no joy I'm afraid. Suppose the firmware could be corrupted but no way of forcing a rewrite.

Machine was 3 years old and had not been used that much really so not that impressed with it to be honest.

Replaced with a Panasonic.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine stopped playing certain discs too. Still plays most though but it started to play up.

Refuses to play Watchmen, Jurrasic Park Trilogy & Prince Caspian Narnia Blu Ray (no loss to me but kids upset).

I also had to do a master reset to get it to play anything once - after trying the Jurrasic Park Trilogy.

Was after an excuse to try 3D so bought A Panasonic dmbdt (? I think thats right) 500. What a great player this is.

Sony has gone up to bedroom and I am far happier as a result.

Something is definitely wrong with it.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Ian140 said:
I always clean discs before I put them in.

Why?

So long as you store them correctly (and don't live on the edge of a desert with the windows open), there is no need.

Anyway, if you do get it open without breaking anything, clean the spindle/hub/clamp with a lightly (water not solvent) dampened cotton bud and a lint free lens cloth (anything clothy, soft, clean and lint free). Make sure it is powered off first :)

I had to do that with an old Panasonic DVD player once (stopped accepting DVDs and made alarming noises). It worked fine afterwards and the fault never re-occurred. (The lens was clean so I didn't bother with that.)

A

Anonymous

Richersounds have sent my player off to be fixed. Waiting to see what the damage is!

A

Anonymous

£40 to fix. Replaced laser assembly according to the paper work.

Surprised how much I missed iPlayer in one week!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts