Sony 2400ES amp causing blank screen flicker when changing channels on Sky HD- Pace

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sky HD plugged into sat hdmi and output to hdmi on TV.

When i change the tv channel i briefly get the picture then the screen
blanks and returns( this is for all channels every time i change channels ) . I thought this may have been the HD box but when
plugging hdmi directly into the TV it does not do this. So the 2400 for
some reason is messing with the HDMI signal sending to the TV. Sky HD box set to 1080i , but does not make any difference what its set to tv set to 16:9 but makes no difference- tried different HDMI socket and cable.

Heres a video

Dailymotion - Pace Sky HD channel change Flicker set to 1080i, a video from raven8472. Sky, HD, flicker.

Have logged a call online with sony see what they say. HD box is a pace
version and was replaced by the retailer with another pace( retailer
only has pace versions) . People with Sky HD plugged into the sony amp via hdmi
, does yours do the same as mine - see video if it does what make is
your HD box, Pace, thompson , samsung or Amstrad.

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Raven8472:
Sky HD plugged into sat hdmi and output to hdmi on TV.

When i change the tv channel i briefly get the picture then the screen
blanks and returns( this is for all channels every time i change channels ) . I thought this may have been the HD box but when
plugging hdmi directly into the TV it does not do this. So the 2400 for
some reason is messing with the HDMI signal sending to the TV. Sky HD box set to 1080i , but does not make any difference what its set to tv set to 16:9 but makes no difference- tried different HDMI socket and cable.

Heres a video

Dailymotion - Pace Sky HD channel change Flicker set to 1080i, a video from raven8472. Sky, HD, flicker.

Have logged a call online with sony see what they say. HD box is a pace
version and was replaced by the retailer with another pace( retailer
only has pace versions) . People with Sky HD plugged into the sony amp via hdmi
, does yours do the same as mine - see video if it does what make is
your HD box, Pace, thompson , samsung or Amstrad.

Thanks

I have the 3400es from Sony and a Pace (does it have coaxial digital input?) or Samsung - I can't remember which, my old box had just optical and the new one had both coaxial and optical. I've not had any problems at all. My LCD is connected to my receiver and the Sky box is connected to the receiver with hdmi and coaxial.

A

Anonymous

I have a optical cable plugged into the amp from the hd box that supplys the surround sound. Its a very very annoying problem and maybe to do with the pace version of the HD box, im keen to try a amstrad, samsung or thompson to see if it does it but the retailer only does pace. Hoping sony get back to my query soon but wanted to check if people have a plasma and similar amp and do not have this issue.

I though the amp only passes the signal and does not touch it.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Raven8472:
I have a optical cable plugged into the amp from the hd box that supplys the surround sound. Its a very very annoying problem and maybe to do with the pace version of the HD box, im keen to try a amstrad, samsung or thompson to see if it does it but the retailer only does pace. Hoping sony get back to my query soon but wanted to check if people have a plasma and similar amp and do not have this issue.

I though the amp only passes the signal and does not touch it.

Just checked my memory and my box is a Samsung.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts