Sony 1050 with Marantz CD6005?

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I am looking to either save all my money and buy Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers (I have demod them and really like them) or save my money and buy a Marantz CD6005 instead.

Its for my 40th so I could spend a bit more on a CD player if it would really help. My favorite audio format is CD by far.

Would people recommend getting an integrated amp for the CD player as well?

I'm a bit puzzled what you are asking. Is the Sony 1050 you refer to the AV receiver?

Then you mention speakers, then a CD player. You will need a CD player, plus an amplifier/ receiver, plus speakers, to make up a system.

Two questions:-

1. What do you have now

2 What are you looking to buy?

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, that was unclear. My phone stopped working properly.

I have a Sony 1050 AV amp.

Wanting to get a Marantz CD6005 or CD8005.

I was wondering if I should get a 2 channel amp to go with it or just use my current Sony AV amp.

..or maybe should I just upgrade the speakers first and kill my budget.

I don't have any CD player at the moment.

As CD is your preferred source, I'd get the best payer you can afford. The 8005 is a fine choice.

If you can then get some great speakers, you'll enjoy it more, but you really need a 8005 amp too, ideally. Life begins at 40!

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok thank you for your response.

So these speakers won't hold me back too much then?

I've only really listened to TV and played Wii U on them.

Good idea about the matching amp. I may go with that.

The QA speakers are modest but good. The big change will be moving from 5.1 to 2.0. Your Sony AV amp will drive better speakers, but a decent stereo amp like the Marantz will help fine speakers like the MAs really perform.

If you need a CD player anyway, then I guess starting there makes sense. Maybe wait to see how much you get for your big birthday?!

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I can get the cd player for Christmas and the speakers for my birthday (with some pursading). No luck on the amp though. That's a shame because I think it will make a big difference.

Maybe I can save for the pm6005 instead. It should also be good.

It's just a shame my boiler choose this time to break.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts