Sony 1040 amp and 4k

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
In the next few months I will be upgrading my 9 year panasonic tv to an LG ultra HD Oled.

All my AV sources pass through this including my sky q box and nvidia shield, Both are 4k compatible. I will also be looking to get an ultra Bluray player...

Will I need to replace sony 1040 and 6 year old chord hdmi cables to get the best from the TV upgrade?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Plan B would be to connect all your sources to the TV then use the Audio Return Channel (ARC) HDMI port on your TV to connect back to the ARC enabled HDMI socket on your receiver, assuming it has one.

I think repeat think ARC will only handle 5.1 but that's better than nothing and might serve as a stop gap while you shop for a new receiver.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I’ve forked out and upgraded the tv and my hdmi cables. UHD is stunning when connected directly to my tv. I’m now going to have to go on the amp upgrade path.....

i think I’ll go for the Sony 1080 but am considering others. Does anybody recommend any alternatives. In reality I’m only ever going to use a 5.1 setup and only set the volume to early 30’s max on the Sony 1040. Need 4K uhd compatibility but don’t need any extras such as Bluetooth and Spotify....

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Interesting, the Denon is £80 cheaper than the Sony at richer sounds. I’m used to the sound of the Sony but might be worth going for a demo of the 2400 Denon. When I went in store yesterday they recommended the Denon 3400 to me but did say I should also consider the 2400 given my lesser needs.....

F

FunkyMonkey

I owned the Sony 930 back in the day. My brother has it and it still has a lovely sound.
I have had Onkyo and now a Denon and I must say Denon has the pizazz of the Onkyo and the musicality of the Sony. If Denon is cheaper then go for that.
I am surprised you needed to get new hdmi cables.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts