Sonus Faber Liuto Monitor?

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Today I came across the Sonus Faber Liuto Monitor bookshelf speakers in a hi fi retailer. I find the sound to be rather good, and to be clearly superior than the sound from the Sonus Faber Toy One. However, when I got home, I was not able to find the Monitor on the Sonus Faber website . Does anyone know if this Monitor model has been discontinued or phased out? Is a replacement imminent? Many thanks for your input in advance!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
siudai8888 said:
Today I came across the Sonus Faber Liuto Monitor bookshelf speakers in a hi fi retailer. I find the sound to be rather good, and to be clearly superior than the sound from the Sonus Faber Toy One. However, when I got home, I was not able to find the Monitor on the Sonus Faber website . Does anyone know if this Monitor model has been discontinued or phased out? Is a replacement imminent? Many thanks for your input in advance!

It is an old model and comes in both floorstanding and standmount versions.

Some people (myself included) consider it to be one of the the last "real" Sonus Faber models towards the more affordable end of the market and a cut above the newer, more mass produced ranges such as the Toy and Venere.

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, davedotco, for your reply! Was it discontinued because of any particular problem with the speakers? Would you see any downside in getting a discontinued model? Thank you again!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
siudai8888 said:
Thanks, davedotco, for your reply! Was it discontinued because of any particular problem with the speakers? Would you see any downside in getting a discontinued model? Thank you again!

No problems that I am aware of.

Depends a lot on condition and price but they are fine speakers. What have you found and what have you been offered?

I would echo Dave on this. I suspect the older models were much costlier to make, relative to selling prices. If it helps, mine are now 16 years old and have only needed a replacement terminal block at the back (the plastic crumbled), but the important bits are still fine.

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I was in fact comparing the Monitor and the Harbeth P3SER and C7ES bookshelf speakers. I find the Harbeths (C7ES in particular) to be quite comparable, although they are steeper in price!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
siudai8888 said:
Those Monitors (new) are being sold for the equivlaent of about GBP1,250, including stands.

Do not buy them at that price....!

Tell me where they are and whether the dealer will ship......*biggrin*

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I found them in Hong Kong. They may ship! Haha! In fact, it was the guy at Sonus Faber's own showroom here that recommends the Liuto Monitor to me, when it has already been discontinued! Cheers!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
siudai8888 said:
I found them in Hong Kong. They may ship! Haha! In fact, it was the guy at Sonus Faber's own showroom here that recommends the Liuto Monitor to me, when it has already been discontinued! Cheers!

At the price quoted they are fantastic value for money.

Like the best SF speakers they have the ability to engage you in the music whilst still managine to sound accurate, sort of Harbeth with extra 'niceness'.

Difficult to explain but definately good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts