admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,

could anyone tell me what the best bookshelf speakers would be for my sonos with a £500 budget ,i know the amp is only 55 watts or would i be wasting that much on speakers.

thanks.

John Duncan

AVI Neutron Vs in my experience, though do listen as they may not be for everybody, and are best close to a wall.

You may also find that Dali Lektor 1s, at half your budget, are plenty good enough to make you go 'wow'.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure if the amp is good enough for the Neutrons. I remember AVI used to insist 100 watts plus in the user manual of the Neutron IV.

John Duncan

I'm running them with a 70 watter. Depends on current and sensitivity, and as Ashley pointed out here recently, the Nutrons are middling in that regard. I would certainly try them and see what you think.

The Lektors, on the other hand, are quite insensitive if I remember so maybe not such a good idea.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gee1: could anyone tell me what the best bookshelf speakers would be for my sonos with a £500 budget ,i know the amp is only 55 watts or would i be wasting that much on speakers.

I tried asking this question on the Sonos forum and all I got was derision because I didn't know that power-ratings and sensitivity are "irrelevant" according to one of their moderators because all the manufacturers measure their speakers differently! I haven't bothered asking again...

However, some friends of mine recently bought the BU150 bundle with a free set of Monitor Audio BR1s from Audio T (they're not doing that promotion anymore) and they sound very good, made me realise how old my KEFs are (they are about 9 years old, so it's not a surprise really...). The only caveat I'd issue is that I didn't hear the BR1s running at any real level of volume but I liked what I did hear.

This was in a bedroom incidentally so you might want something bigger for a living room for instance.

TRENDING THREADS