Sonos VS Airport express for Naim Supernait

westerniser

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

Does anyone know if a Sonos Connect / Zp90 sounds better than an Airport express? Seems a fairly cheap upgrade. It's for streaming from Spotify premium and iTunes into a Supernait / Hicap / Harbeth M30.

I currently use the airport express and connect to the Supernait via optical.

Thanks.

John Duncan

Nice candy stripe there...:-D

I doubt very much that a sonos (or eg a squeezebox) will sound better, but it does have Spotify on board (as does the SB) so might give you a slightly more integrated user experience...

No Airplay in either, though, which may matter to you if you like streaming direct from your phone.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I have read quite often that some peoples dacs struggle with the AE but thats as much as I know.

It would be largely down to how well the SuperNait deals with each. So you need to or need to find others who have done comparisons with the sonos and ae with the SuperNait.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I used to use an AE with my Supernait and moved to Sonos. The main reason was that the AE's sloppy clocking upset the SN's DAC and I used to get audible glitches in the sound. I also battled with wireless interference on the AE. The Sonos does sound better, but there's not a huge amount in it. The interface and Spotify integration however is a major bonus. Overall for £280 a ZP90 is a bargain front-end for any digitally-equipped amp.

westerniser

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DT, actually I do remember this issue from a previous post. I will wait to see if anyone has any serious preferences with the Sonos over the AE, otherwise I might just stay put.

It's most likely my iTunes will start to fade out as my playlists are growing on Spotify, so it will come down to what works best for Spotify in the end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts