sonos set up

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Im asking this on behalf of a friend.He has the sonos system powered by a Nad c275 power amp,and B&W683 speakers,van den hul snowline speaker cable.He invited me to have a listen to his new set up (a demo of sorts).Nice set up and sounded nice,i then suggested maybe a dac to go one step better.He has spoken to his dealer who can offer the DacMagic or the Arcam rdac,the dealer has said the rdac was a much better dac,so thats what my friend will probly go for.I have read that the rdac can be a bit bass heavy?his system is already very bass strong,will it all be a bit much?would the DacMagic be a better option,i will suggest he demo both but i know my friend he will go with what the dealer says plus its more expensive and will think that means better,any ideas or experience with this kit?

Many thanks

scene

On paper, the arcam rDac is the better DAC, and although I have no direct experience of it, I suspect it's not so different from the DAC in my arcam avr250, into which I feed my sonos zp90. I've tried my sonos feeding my amp on analogue and via digital and found that the digital feed, relying on the dac in my arcam amp edges it. As my speakers for stereo are a pair of MA silver 8is, my kit might be seen by some to be bass heavy, but I've not found that, nor that the sonos into my amp makes it worse.

I would definitely say: get a demo, preferrably in home (if possible, some dealers will do this, especially if you have a good relationship with them).

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Scene thanks for your advice i will pass it on to him,more than likely will go with him when he demos them.

The 2 shops ive had dealings with dont offer any kind of home demo which is a shame as it really would help in making the right choice.I hear about home demos in the uk and wonder if the manafacturer offer a discount on demo kit.

A

Anonymous

Im guessing that the dealer is Hi-Fi Klubben so he should be able to get them both home for a listen and return the one he doesnt like. They usually have a few demo units that he can borrow for a few hours if he asks nice and leaves a deposit if they dont know him.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts