Question Sonos Arc with One SLs

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
I finally sold my 10+ year old setup (Denon AVR 2310 + Kef 3005SE), although I’ve kept my B&W PV1 that I upgraded from the original Kef sub. Anyway I’m considering the arc with one sl rears as I would prefer a simpler and wire free set up. I also think it would also allow me to have a proper 2ch setup. I plan to buy floorstanders to pair with a sonos amp or smaller bookshelves that I can use with the pv1.

Anyway has anyone got the arc with one sl rears? How does it sound?

I plan to get a new tv to make use of eARC and ability to passthrough atmos from my Apple TV 4K and Xbox series x when it comes out.

I finally sold my 10+ year old setup (Denon AVR 2310 + Kef 3005SE), although I’ve kept my B&W PV1 that I upgraded from the original Kef sub. Anyway I’m considering the arc with one sl rears as I would prefer a simpler and wire free set up. I also think it would also allow me to have a proper 2ch setup. I plan to buy floorstanders to pair with a sonos amp or smaller bookshelves that I can use with the pv1.

Anyway has anyone got the arc with one sl rears? How does it sound?

I plan to get a new tv to make use of eARC and ability to passthrough atmos from my Apple TV 4K and Xbox series x when it comes out.
I've got Sonos Arc based 5.1 system in my apartment, with Sonos One as rears. It sounds fantastic! The Atmos effects aren't as good as my system in the house with dedicated 4 ceiling speakers for Atmos. But the surround sound is very good.

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Sonos speakers sound great. Don't expect huge surround and atmos sound from the ARC. It's limited, but it is great as a soundbar. Adding surround speakers is good but not cheap. If you are willing to change your mind, look for a new 8K or 4K receiver with real Atmos speakers. You are gonna spend the same amount of money for better quality audio.

Sonos speakers sound great. Don't expect huge surround and atmos sound from the ARC. It's limited, but it is great as a soundbar. Adding surround speakers is good but not cheap. If you are willing to change your mind, look for a new 8K or 4K receiver with real Atmos speakers. You are gonna spend the same amount of money for better quality audio.
It would depend on practicality as well. In my case for example, I've got a proper 7.1.4 Atmos system in my house but for the apartment, a Sonos Arc based 5.1 system was more practical.

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
It would depend on practicality as well. In my case for example, I've got a proper 7.1.4 Atmos system in my house but for the apartment, a Sonos Arc based 5.1 system was more practical.
Yeah, Sonos is the best way to get an smart and good audio system. However for the money, Sonos is the best choice. The subwoofer is only $700, plus the surrounds and center channel. Atmos is way more inmersive with a real hometheater.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts