Sonos and Spotify - anyone having problems?

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having problems using Spotify via the Sonos application? The music is skipping, stopping and the following error messages are being displayed:-

"Insufficient bandwith"

"Unable to connect to Spotify"

I have 2omb virgin media broadband which is very stable, so I don't think it is my broadband connection.

This has been going on for a month now, and it is pretty useless via Sonos, I love spotify but it's going to get cancelled if the service doesn't improve.

Btw, I have raised several tickets with Sonos, who are basically blaming spotify for the problems.

matthewpiano

I recently ditched Spotify Premium having experienced problems over a few weeks using my Squeezebox Touch. I'm not prepared to pay for a service that is unreliable. I only use these services to try music before buying the CD or CD quality download (if available) so I'm not overly bothered if the sound quality isn't perfect, but the service has to work! Consequently I'm now using Napster. £5 per month and it never lets me down.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I occasionally get an 'insufficient bandwidth' message on Spotify for Sonos, but suspect that's more to do with my Virgin broadband connection which seems to have been less than 100% reliable of late (it used to be rock solid).

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyones feedback, if it doesn't improve soon I think I will cancel my premium account until it becomes more stable.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update, I have been looking at the Sonos settings and changed the channel setting from 1 to 11, I have not had a problem since.

A

Anonymous

As much as i loved spotify I cancelled my £10 a month spotify subscription as i had so many problems with integration between sonos and spotify. Its a common problem thats being going on for months and months. Probably has always been there.

I persevered for months waiting for it to be fixed but to no avail.

Do a google search and you will get lots of hits.

I did move to napster which had no problems at all, but then Napster were taken over by Rhaposody and the interface was just awful.

So out of desperation I tried Deezer, which is ....ok. But very heavily french based and limited in what music they have. So not really a viable subsitute.

I really wish spotify or sonos would sort this out, as at the moment I have no music service provider as in the UK there are no other sonos alternatives. |(

Fisherman1

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
There is an announcement on the Sonos website "Spotify - This service may be experiencing temporary performance interruptions". Like others this is not an isolated incident. I am finding Spotify for Sonos more and more unreliable.

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Fisherman1 said:
There is an announcement on the Sonos website "Spotify - This service may be experiencing temporary performance interruptions". Like others this is not an isolated incident. I am finding Spotify for Sonos more and more unreliable.

I find it refreshing that they've recognised the issue rather than ignore it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts