Sonhy BDP360 v Denon DVD1930

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Been lurking here for some time, its good reading :)

I'm considering a blue ray player and the current offers on the bdp360 look great. Should I replace my denon with the sony or should I save up for the bdp760? How does the stereo playback compare?

Cheers

//A

A

Anonymous

I have a Denon 3802 AV amp and a Sony 37" W5500. The DVD player is connected with a van den hul "the name" interconnect for stereo playback and a digital cable for surround. I also have a Sky HD box and QED hdmi cables. I currently use a pair of ageing Mission 731i speakers but I'm planning on buying a QAV 5.1 system for surround sound and a pair of B&W 685s for stereo playback. The amp may get replaced with something newer at some point but there's nothing wrong with it and it sounds great.

I did have a set of B&W 6 series speakers including 603 floor standers but (regrettably) had to sell them when the kids arrived. I really miss them. I'm now beginning to get my toys set up again :)

Ideally, I'd like a single player for BD, DVD and CD right now with a view to getting a decent CD player at a later date. That is, unless a single box can be great at everything given my modest kit. Do you think the cheap sony will match the denon dvd for cd playback?

Cheers

//A

TRENDING THREADS