Solvent Cleaner for records

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

martois

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Interesting discussion... I could not imagine EVER needing to clean my stylus with anything other than the tiny microfiber brush that I've been using for years. Every so often it gets caked up with dust and/or lint. Removing lint hardly requires solvent to remove it. Am I missing something?
The cartridge I am using recommends against using solvents on the records as well (in the package insert), that is where the comes from. I think the rationale is that if solvents are used on the record, they can get onto the stylus and then damage the cartridge (whether it actually happens or not would be an interesting topic as well).

The cartridge I am using recommends against using solvents on the records as well (in the package insert), that is where the comes from. I think the rationale is that if solvents are used on the record, they can get onto the stylus and then damage the cartridge (whether it actually happens or not would be an interesting topic as well).
It would, assuming the record has sufficiently dried I dont see solvent getting to the cartridge.

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts