Solely on Sound GRADO SR325e or Beyerdynamic T51i? Help Needed..

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys I need some good advice. I have the GRADO SR325e and the Beyerdynamic T51i headphones. I have both of them in my possesion right now but i have to return one pair by tomorrow end of day, the question is what one should i keep and which one should i return?? style or looks or build quality is irrelevant really as both are lookers and both are well built, so purely on sound i have to decide which one to keep and which one to return. My music style varies, i listen to lots of groups from the motown era, new and old michael jackson, stevie wonder, as well as some Queen,Electric Light Orchestra, as well as some solo jazz and classical. I understand beyerdynamic t51i are portable where as the grados are more suited for indoor use due to their open back design, however the headphones which ever ones i decide to keep will only be used indoors, i prefer in ears for outdoors so based purely on sound which one is overall the best sounding for the style of music i'm listening too. thanks in advance for you comments and opinions.

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
sorry meant to add these headphones are used currently just with an ipod touch but at a later date will be investing in a hi res player whether it will be a future apple release or a sony walkman release, so the phones will be used primarily for an apple device like ipod or ipad or a sony hi res device. So keeping that in mind i don't know if this would make a difference on deciding a certain in favour maybe the Grados are too good for just an MP3/MP4 device, also i only ever and always use cd ripped wav files. On ocassion the phones may be used on a portable LP deck so overall, which do you tyhink is best suited. thanks

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Headphones ( just like speakers) are personal preference and since you have both I can't understand why you cannot deicide?

I wouldn't choose any of them ( no matter how they sound) as I don't like on-ear cans.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
lpv said:
Headphones ( just like speakers) are personal preference and since you have both I can't understand why you cannot deicide?

I agree with the other post as quoted above, also there is a dedicated headphones forum for your question

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
For indoor use I would keep the Grados. As great as the Beyers are, the Grado headphone you have is superior in SQ and quite comfortable compared to the older Grados.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts