Sold all my Cyrus Amps

Simon 13th note

BANNED
Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Just sold my Cyrus units (DAC XP Signature with PSXR and two Mono X200 Signature's). Both sets of buyers came at the same time and we had a little cyrus listening session. Only have my Cyrus Cd-t Cd transport left.

They were great amps and feel a little sad they've gone and the buyers 'cleaned me out' so quick, so to speak. lol. I did get good prices mind.

So have you been sad when amps left you? then any regrets?

Personally have not regretted getting rid of any of my amps except perhaps for my old Armstrong 626, I will regret, however, when my current amplifier goes although trying to sell it has been a bit of an effort.
Needs must thought as I need something with a balance control and cannot currently afford to keep both.

Naim Olive series. I sold them on ebay to a guy from Bangkok. As I was flying out there anyway I took them in my luggage and he paid me cash at the airport. Nothing else has had that 'live' feel that they had.
I think that type of physical handover creates the greatest pangs! I remember meeting a nice chap at a Motorway services to sell him my Krell pair, and even seeing the big wad of twenties didn’t make it any easier. He was delighted though!

Simon 13th note

BANNED
Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
I think that type of physical handover creates the greatest pangs! I remember meeting a nice chap at a Motorway services to sell him my Krell pair, and even seeing the big wad of twenties didn’t make it any easier. He was delighted though!

what's making it easy for me is the Hegel H390 I bought which is a tremendous amp. Blowing my mind actually, and having a massive long listening sessions atm. The Vikings can come over again and 'invade' British hifi as far as Im concerned.

D

Deleted member 188516

Just sold my Cyrus units (DAC XP Signature with PSXR and two Mono X200 Signature's). Both sets of buyers came at the same time and we had a little cyrus listening session. Only have my Cyrus Cd-t Cd transport left.

They were great amps and feel a little sad they've gone and the buyers 'cleaned me out' so quick, so to speak. lol. I did get good prices mind.

i was sad to sell my sony 930 amp which was changed for a musical fidelity xa2 because there was no difference in sound quality !
(the xa2 looked better according to friends though...)

D

Deleted member 188516

a film on the units in question :-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NYwFKm0yo

record_spot

Don't miss any of them with the exception of the Sansui AU-217 which was a fantastic little thing. 30w power channel, paired with Mission 752 speakers and a Kenwood DP7090 CD player and it all sounded terrific.

These days, I use actives and while the passive legacy gear didn't surpass them, it was still very, very good.

Batfoon

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi. After some advice please.
I have an old system and recently been given a Smart power amp. Im wanting to Bi amp to my 8vs and then to mu Monitor Audio silver R8s. Cable has 4 core so what set up is best? 2 cables from the smart and 2 from the Av ?

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Just wondered how the Hegel H390 would sound via ATC SCM40 passive speakers, there is a Polish review of the Hegel H190 with ATC SCM40 which appear to work well together and maybe the H390 with extra grunt would really serve in stretching the speakers talents...? (without having to go active = ££££)

D

Deleted member 188516

Just wondered how the Hegel H390 would sound via ATC SCM40 passive speakers, there is a Polish review of the Hegel H190 with ATC SCM40 which appear to work well together and maybe the H390 with extra grunt would really serve in stretching the speakers talents...? (without having to go active = ££££)

here is a video on the h390.
simon would be able to advise on this.
contact him via youtube ?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEq9wt7VgY

But given the cost, I’d be much more inclined to sell the passives and buy actives.
Used SCM40 c. £2500, plus £4900 for h390 = £7,400. Brand new SCM40 Actives £6,800.
Do you have a preamp? Unless you’ve heard the actives you wont credit how much better they are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts