So who has pre-ordered a 4K blu-ray player then?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
None of the current 4k blu ray players support Dolby Vision, including the Panasonic. In fact, none of the studios have announced any 4K blu ray titles with Dolby Vision yet.

Don't forget that when LG was showing off the G6 and E6, it was playing content from the Samsung 4K player. So obviously it has to be good enough for people to be attracted to the LG OLEDs.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
None of the current 4k blu ray players support Dolby Vision, including the Panasonic. In fact, none of the studios have announced any 4K blu ray titles with Dolby Vision yet.

Don't forget that when LG was showing off the G6 and E6, it was playing content from the Samsung 4K player. So obviously it has to be good enough for people to be attracted to the LG OLEDs.
Okay, but I took the Samsung back today and ordered the Panasonic.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
At a loss to understand why, because you didn't even test your Samsung on a 4K TV properly.
I have cancelled the Panasonic and the LG TV now. Just going to order the Sony 65-inch TV and keep my Pioneer Blu-Ray player.

I think he will be happy. It goes brighter than OLED. He doesn't need 4K as yet, and he could do with saving all that money.

Gel's strength has traditionally been getting great bargains on TVs, and usually paying less than half the launch price. This was lost since Panasonic OLED. If he sticks to this one, then he is back in form finding great bargains.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I think he will be happy. It goes brighter than OLED. He doesn't need 4K as yet, and he could do with saving all that money.

Gel's strength has traditionally been getting great bargains on TVs, and usually paying less than half the launch price. This was lost since Panasonic OLED. If he sticks to this one, then he is back in form finding great bargains.
Cheers BB! That's the plan.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:

not hard to get bargains at all. but fair play IF he doesn't buy another in the next month

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:

not hard to get bargains at all. but fair play IF he doesn't buy another in the next month
Let's hope so.
regular_smile.gif
I am enjoying my Sony 46hx803 tv at the moment.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have changed my mind again back to the LG 65E6v being delivered tomorrow morning. I got the Samsung k8500 blu Ray player too from John Lewis for £400.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
You're changing your mind every day now. Learn to stick to a plan.
Yep, I am going to try my best with the LG, it's the TV I really want.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Really sounds silly spending so much on another disc spinner. Maybe Netflix streaming in 4k is not upto spinning a 4k disc. But is much cheaper, and the same spinning cost will pay for years of streaming. So is a no brainier for me. Iam still a average hard working bloke with what I consider a decent setup. I have not spent tons of pounds on a no looking back system. If I did ...I would go the uhd spinner way, to extract every pence of that money I spent. Till then I will live by the law of averages, and the law dictates, that when everything else is average. No point adding one component with the intention of stunning you. Because it won't. And same with uhd 4k player IMO...

D

Deleted member 2457

I am starting to wonder if I should wait for a UHD blu Ray player that has Dolby vision?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
None announced so far. You'll have to wait until 2017 for Dolby Vision players.
Cheers guys. So I am going to have to double dip?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts