So what music (not hifi) are you listening to tonight

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

whoam1

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Ian64od said:
whoam1 said:
Ian64od said:
Tinsel town in the rain is probably one of my all time top 10 tracks. Have you heard Paul B's new album Mid Air?

Beautiful album.

Listening to it now.

i love the way song 2 sounds like song 1 and song 3 like song 2 but different from song 1 and on it goes through the album, very clever.

As a life-long Blue Nile fan, I was greatly looking forward to this release.

First couple of listenings, I was underwhelmed.

It really does take a few listenings to get under your skin. When it does, :grin:

Best gig of my life was seeing The Blue Nile, in Glasgow, c15 years ago.

Their families were in the audience and the atmosphere was like being at a private performance. 8)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Just bought the latest Godspeed You! Black Emperor album from Boomkat on FLAC.

Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!

Headphones on. Sounds good to me.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm curently listening to a Mark Knopfler album 'Last Exit To Brookly', not one I know at all, but I will certainly be having another go at it very shortly.

CJSF

josbd

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
First Aid Kit are excellent. Lovely to hear two voices used as instruments, along with a simple guitar. Anyone seen the video where they perform "Dancing Barefoot" live, with Patti Smith in the audience, visibly moved, tears running down her face? Now THAT is a vote of confidence! (hmm no point in not giving you the link, eh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPblZ74Ig2o)

Tull: I love all Tull, but my favourites are two singles: "Witch's Promise" and a rather well recorded "Said She Was A Dancer". My favourite album is prob one that others dislike. "Songs From the Wood".

I listened to that earlier tonight, along with Chet Atkins & Mark Knopfler, "Neck and Neck"; an early recording of Beethoven's Romances, Otto Suk on violin; and now I am going to listen to Patti Smith's fab album, "Horses"!

A

Anonymous

Gusboll said:
Ian64od said:
Don't know ( in a musical sense) Jethro Tull, where would I start?

Heh heh; tricky question! I suggest starting off with 'War Child' and working backwards and forwards from there; one of the best bands of all time!

('Benefit' is my fave)

War Child, thanks liked it enough to keep listening. ( if I can only get the image of Ian Anderson playing his flute standing on one leg out of my head - isn't it funny what can put you off something.)

jjbomber

Rush - 'As If To Fly' Bootleg

1st November 2012, Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre, Atlanta

I've heard quite a few of the shows from their current tour. The new string ensemble has added an extra dimension to their live act. I'd like to see them go back and do a few more from the back catalogue with the orchestra.

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
I've just discovered NPR Music. National Public Radio - a website (and iPad App) that gives you access to a huge treasure trove of material. Podcasts of their radio shows, recordings of concerts, loads of video, including a great series of mini acoustic concerts recorded in one of the presenter's studios.

Etc etc etc. It covers most genres so there should be something for everyone. And it's free, although you can make a donation if you want. There are a few adverts, but for the sheer breadth and depth of what is there I personally can live with it. Great on my Mac Mini through my TV and hi-fi. But also good on the iPad using the inbuilt speakers - good content trumps everything! Just watch out, it does get addictive.

Enjoy.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
A

Anonymous

Apologies for putting this on the wrong forum, won't happen again. Who moved it to the right place?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts