so how did your latest upgrade improve your system ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

Qed XT25 not out of phase, daam the soundstage sounds different, as if it's out of phase, it's so much more 3d sound.

Update was out of phase not it sound normal = very good

Last edited:

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
an example would be starting with say the rega apollo cd player, the brio integrated amplifier and the bowers and wilkins 606 speakers.

what exactly is to be expected when "upgrading" to the more expensive model by the same manufacturer ?
Actually I had a Rega Apollo CDP, Rega Brio amp (38wpc) and Rega RS5 speakers, and home demoed both the Rega Elex-r (72 wpc) and Rega Elicit-r (105 wpc) integrated amps.
Were they more of the same but better? - generally yes, but it is not as simple as that. I noticed a bigger jump in SQ between the Brio and Elex-r, than from the Elex-r to the Elicit-r.
Each time you notice the effects of the extra wattage, clearer (better control of the speakers), more defined bass and heavier bass, and music tends to 'rise' with more power/oomph behind it.
But the Elex-r had a narrower soundstage to the Brio, the Elicit brought back the wider soundstage but was much brighter (to my ears in any case).
I would have been happy with the Elex-r if my budget was tighter, but I would have had to listen again to the Elicit-r.
I wanted to hear a Creek 100a but never got the chance. The Exposure 3010SD2 by comparison just sounded 'right' - more in balance and suited my ears (and speakers).

D

Deleted member 116933

In the past I upgraded from a naim uniti2 to a dac v1, 202 and nap 200. If I’m honest the “upgrade” wasn’t night and day at all. It certainly lifted sound and took away some of the glare and handled volume better, less constrained/strained. If I’m honest I was little disappointed. But then I moved from naim to a completely different system with completely different engineering believes.

This system was a revaluation. And was cheaper. A Sugden a21sig, a chord qutest, Klipsch heresy3 and Technics 1500c with an m2 black. The dynamics and drive from this system is completely different and better imo , the clarity and mids are far better compared to the naim. The naim for me was too smooth and a little to restrained. And always felt something was a little missing. For my budget this as good as it gets for me and would take a lot more pennies for me to clearly better it. Perhaps the forte 3s or Cornwalls but I’d need a lot more room for them.

I apologise In advance I wrote this on my phone. so grammar might be a little bad

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it was the bs i2 an it didn’t
Which made me decide to order a poerstrip plus from Kemp electoniks an a Audioquest nrg-z2 c7 for the bs hope that improves

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
This system was a revaluation. And was cheaper. A Sugden a21sig,
On a bored Sunday I found a dealer in Antwerp that was open an listened to a Sugden don’t recall the model but it wa a competitor os my ams A4 maybe it was a pure class A an I loved it very much but didn’t appreciate that the dealer inserted a 8k dac in the demo + he didn’t really give me a good deal so I bought the ams at my dealership

Just to say I can easily believe you. I demoed Naime an loved it, but Sugden was a different level

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts