snvinyl.co.uk, any experience

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ilkka42

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks,

I registered just to post this comment. I felt I owed it to Mr Nangle...

I was shopping for a new cartridge for my Linn turntable. Comparing user experiences and prices I ended up with two main contenders, AT 150-MXL and Ortofon 2M Bronze. I googled the AT and found it at a very attractive price on snvinyl.co.uk. I ordered the cartridge and received an invoice. There was a VAT thing I didn't quite understand, so I used the contact form and presented a question.

Within 10 minutes I received an answer from Mr Nangle. He wrote that those last MXL's had already been sold and the model was due to be replaced by 150-SA, which, at the time, I didn't know. After a brief correspondence he said I could have the 2M Bronze for the same prize that had been quoted for the 150-MXL. I was quite happy with this, it was way cheaper than any other place I had checked.

Only then I googled snvinyl.co.uk and Scott Nangle. I was taken aback by the flood of negative comments. Saved by the bell I thought.

Then I remembered the way Mr Nangle had conducted our correspondence and decided to give it a go anyway. If the transaction turned out to be a total swindle, I could always tell VISA to withhold the payment.

I order stuff from the UK quite often. Usually it takes about a week to arrive in Finland (Amazon takes two weeks). So I was really surprised to find the Ortofon at my post office four days after I had completed the order. Securely packed with appropriate Fragile stickers all over.

Earlier I had told Mr Nangle that I had googled him and his company and found out he had quite a reputation. He replied that he sells tens of thousands of record per annum, and almost everybody is satisfied with his services. But the problem, as he put it, is that only those who feel they have been mistreated write to the various audio fora.

I agreed this may well be the case, to an extent, and decided to share this one positive example. From my admittedly restricted experience Mr Nangle is not a con man. He certainly seems to be disorganized to a fault, but when he said he had the 2M Bronze in stock, ready to ship, it turned out to be so. And then he wasted no time shipping the cartridge.

So thanks for the good service, Scott. One satisfied customer here.

Cheers,

Ilkka, Helsinki, Finland

ilkka42 said:
Hi folks,

I was shopping for a new cartridge for my Linn turntable. Comparing user experiences and prices I ended up with two main contenders, AT 150-MXL and Ortofon 2M Bronze. I googled the AT and found it at a very attractive price on snvinyl.co.uk. I ordered the cartridge and received an invoice. There was a VAT thing I didn't quite understand, so I used the contact form and presented a question.

Within 10 minutes I received an answer from Mr Nangle. He wrote that those last MXL's had already been sold and the model was due to be replaced by 150-SA, which, at the time, I didn't know. After a brief correspondence he said I could have the 2M Bronze for the same prize that had been quoted for the 150-MXL. I was quite happy with this, it was way cheaper than any other place I had checked.

Only then I googled snvinyl.co.uk and Scott Nangle. I was taken aback by the flood of negative comments. Saved by the bell I thought.

Then I remembered the way Mr Nangle had conducted our correspondence and decided to give it a go anyway. If the transaction turned out to be a total swindle, I could always tell VISA to withhold the payment.

I order stuff from the UK quite often. Usually it takes about a week to arrive in Finland (Amazon takes two weeks). So I was really surprised to find the Ortofon at my post office four days after I had completed the order. Securely packed with appropriate Fragile stickers all over.

Earlier I had told Mr Nangle that I had googled him and his company and found out he had quite a reputation. He replied that he sells tens of thousands of record per annum, and almost everybody is satisfied with his services. But the problem, as he put it, is that only those who feel they have been mistreated write to the various audio fora.

I agreed this may well be the case, to an extent, and decided to share this one positive example. From my admittedly restricted experience Mr Nangle is not a con man. He certainly seems to be disorganized to a fault, but when he said he had the 2M Bronze in stock, ready to ship, it turned out to be so. And then he wasted no time shipping the cartridge.

Cheers,

Ilkka, Helsinki, Finland

Many thanks for that. Whatever your findings it would appear all you got was a cartridge you didn't actually want. It's a wonder his website didn't reflect the lack of availability of the AT, but nothing new there as he actually stocks nothing. Always assuming you are not indeed related to Mr. SN Vinyl.

I don't know how you'd read all the agg without having been a registered member in the first place.

Tah, tah Scott.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
ilkka42 said:
Hi folks,

Cheers,

Ilkka, Helsinki, Finland

I still wouldn't though.

krellmad

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
This is my first and last dealing with this company, just wish I'd checked him out before l ordered. I ordered, Tony Bennett, Live at Carnegie Hall, on SACD 5 weeks ago. I've emailed him with no reply and now I've checked his negative feedback, things don't look too rosy. I will however keep emailing him for a little longer and then I'll pop into my bank too find out what avenues are open to me. The SACD was£27.49 , which isn't a kings ransom, but if he is doing this on a regular basis we are talking fraud. I hope he responds, if not I will let you all know. Cheers

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
I've had several purchases from SNVinyl over the last few years, and nary a problem, so perhaps I've been lucky. Their price for a Nagaoka MP200 is quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else, but I'm not ready to buy a new cartridge yet, anyway. I did almost order the MoFi One Step Santana Abraxas, advertised at £20 lower than I paid, but £120 was too much to gamble with, so I stayed with Diverse Vinyl, 100% satisfaction there.

GeoffreyW said:
I've had several purchases from SNVinyl over the last few years, and nary a problem, so perhaps I've been lucky. Their price for a Nagaoka MP200 is quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else, but I'm not ready to buy a new cartridge yet, anyway. I did almost order the MoFi One Step Santana Abraxas, advertised at £20 lower than I paid, but £120 was too much to gamble with, so I stayed with Diverse Vinyl, 100% satisfaction there.

The way he seems to work is to advertise just about every new highly reviewed LP going cheaper than anyone else but obviously doesn't actually holds any stock. A shop with no held goods.

Can I ask as to your 'nary a problem', how many orders did you receive within a week of ordering.

TRENDING THREADS