snvinyl.co.uk, any experience

Al ears

Well-known member
Anyone else had any experience of this website in ordering vinyl?

I cannot even get a reply to my emails regards orders. Site appears to be up and running but he obviously holds no stock as evertyhing seems to show as 'available in 7 days' etc, etc. (usual ballcocks).

I am beginiing to get a bad feeling here.
 

Jim-W

New member
Jul 29, 2013
2
0
0

Have a look at this, Al, although you may have already done so.

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=26653
 

Al ears

Well-known member
Thanks guys.

I have ordered successfully in the past but things appear to have gone pear-shaped recently. Still no go with emails, will try phoning on Monday.

Pretty poor show as some of the order was to be Christmas presents.
 

GeoffreyW

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2005
188
25
18,620
I also have ordered successfully in the past from Scott Nangle, earlier this year, but it involved some uncertainty as he was having website problems, which should have been sorted by now.

However, I keep getting regular emails, even though he said that he's removed me from his mailing list. I've just had one a few minutes ago, offering albums from Duke Ellington, Julie London and The Beach Boys, plus other hifi equipment so presumably something's working ok? He seems genuine enough, was helpful when we were having problems, and I'd buy from him again.
 

Al ears

Well-known member
GeoffreyW said:
I also have ordered successfully in the past from Scott Nangle, earlier this year, but it involved some uncertainty as he was having website problems, which should have been sorted by now.

However, I keep getting regular emails, even though he said that he's removed me from his mailing list. I've just had one a few minutes ago, offering albums from Duke Ellington, Julie London and The Beach Boys, plus other hifi equipment so presumably something's working ok? He seems genuine enough, was helpful when we were having problems, and I'd buy from him again.

I'm getting the same emails. Pity he cannot be bothered to answer ones sent to him. Mine have been signed 'Alex' so presumably more than one person involved.

Hardly the way to win more custom but this disease tends to plague smaller companies.
 

matt49

Well-known member
Apr 7, 2013
51
1
18,540
I've just bought a Sanders Magtech power amp from Scott. It wasn't a pleasant experience to start with, but after much chivvying the amp did eventually reach me in London, and I couldn't be happier with it. Having said that, I wouldn't advise anyone who has high blood pressure or a heart problem to do business with him.

Matt
 

Al ears

Well-known member
Can I just say my faith in this provider of excellent LPs has been restored.

Although ordered on 22nd November my order, after a nics 'phone chat, has arrived........ yesterday (21st Dec).

Still the ones that were Christmas presents were on time and I can now look forward to listening to my eclectic mix of:-

Rory Gallagher 'Irish Tour', Frank Zappa 'Puttiing on the Ritz', Jaco Pastorius 'Word of Mouth', and Eddy Boyd / Fleetwood Mac '7936 South Rhodes'.

Well done Scott Nangle Audio.
 

VINCENT VEGA

New member
Oct 19, 2015
0
0
0
SNVYNIL - NIGHTMAREHere's my experience with Snvinyle: I placed an order for 2 items with Snvinyle.co.uk on the 09/09/2015 - not a lot of money, fortunately - £75 - £14.50 of which is SIGNED- FOR TRACKED INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY.
I immediately get an order confirmation which states 1 of the items is out of stock - restock in 7 - 10 days.
After 12 days without any news I ask for an update. Out of stock item won't be in for another 2 weeks. The owner of the company, Alexander Scott Nangle (his full name) proposes 2 alternatives which are in stock - I repeat, HE SAYS THEY ARE IN STOCK. One of the items proposed is almost £120 (almost 4 times the price of the item I'm waiting for) and the other is exactly half the price of the item - I ask him to send me 2 of these as a replacement ( I don't actually want or need these things, but I have already Googled his name and find the reviews left on him,) - he says they are in stock, at least I won't lose my money - right ? WRONG !!
Despite his assurances that he would "ship over the weekend" (it's friday) I don't receive a tracking number. I contact him by email on Monday, he replies with " Tracking number in next email" - LOL it seems emails are like buses for this clown.
48 hours later (wednesday) still no tracking number.I write again, this time asking for a full refund.I'm tired of his nonsense.
His reply : "Your order was shipped over the weekend will send a refund & get my carrier to return the goods"
'If it has shipped' I ask,' why no tracking number, and when can I expect to get my money refunded...?'
His reply: HI did send a email advising your order had been shipped i will reship the order today.

Erm...OK.

You may have noticed that what Scott Alex Nangle says doesn't make a lot of sense. He replies to emails, but not to the questions asked, very soon you realise you're just going round in circles..... Feel like giving him the benefit of the doubt?
Don't.
5 weeks after placing an order on his website I have received nothing other than lies, nonsensical excuses and bullsh!t - No products, no refund .Scott Alex Nangle has NEVER once apologised for the delays and mess ups with this order - and the imbecile continues to send me a news letter expecting me to buy his vinyl products... LOL

An Alexander Scott Nangle used to work for ALEX NANGLE (ELECTRICAL) LTD (the fathers company maybe ?) but "resigned" in 2002.

A company called Scott Nangle Energy went belly up in the summer of 2015 ( possibly run by the same person as Snvinyl ? ;-)

Interesting, - and worrying fact, no information available on the internet about a company called Snvinyl,(nothing at Company House etc) which only seems to exist in the form of very negative reviews which started about 2 years ago and has developed a truly appalling reputation on internet review sites.

So what exactly are we dealing with here?
A liar ? Yes definately. He has lied to me repeatedly, and I can prove it
A thief ? Well, he has my money, refuses to return it or send me the items that I paid for.He also refuses to give any logical explanation for what has happened. So it would appear that he has indeed stolen my money.And I can prove it.
A self serving, self centred lying imbecile incapable of running a company? Probably.

What can you do now to get your money back?

If you paid by Paypal: File a dispute.
If you paid by bank card: Do a chargeback - operates in many countries, info on internet. It's fraud and your card company will refund your money.
Paid by transfer/cheque: Contact your bank, it's fraud and you MAY be able to get your money back.

These sort of business practices are nothing less than fraud and he needs to be punished. File a claim on this site: Actionfraud.police.uk (can be used by non UK residents as well)

If you were wise enough to look up his name before making a purchase on Snvinyl, well then I tip my hat to you.
You don't know how lucky you are.
 

stevebrock

New member
Nov 13, 2009
183
0
0
I have actually spoken to him - few years ago now.

I rang him about Rumours 2x45 180g import from US

He said put the order through online as he was waiting for 5 copies to get through customs

I didnt bother - sounded like a right faff

He imports a lot of stuff, however I would stay clear
 

Troy62

Well-known member
Dec 7, 2010
11
0
18,520
I ordered the Music On Vinyl Spandau Ballet - True from this chap. He was advertising the limited edition on gold vinyl. After numerous emails and false promises it finally arrived after about 6 weeks but turned out to be on standard black vinyl. Couldn't be bothered to argue the toss but I won't be ordering again. Plus you can't unsubscribe from his bloody emails.
 

Al ears

Well-known member
Troy62 said:
I ordered the Music On Vinyl Spandau Ballet - True from this chap. He was advertising the limited edition on gold vinyl. After numerous emails and false promises it finally arrived after about 6 weeks but turned out to be on standard black vinyl. Couldn't be bothered to argue the toss but I won't be ordering again. Plus you can't unsubscribe from his bloody emails.

It would appear that, once again, he has reverted to form.

In this case best avoided. There are other routes to get what you want.
 

Al ears

Well-known member
Well I certainly do hope you can get your money back. Personally I would have perused Hermes a bit more vigorously.

As stated in the past, this bloke is best avoided.

I still get monthly update emails about his latest vinyl offerings but they are promptly binned.
 

crojak

New member
Jan 14, 2016
0
0
0
I would have avoided him like the plague if I knew his reputation. In 15 years of buying online, I've never been treated like this, so it didn't occur to me that I should check him out. A good argument for Amazon I suppose, but I like to use independent sellers rather than corporate giants - where possible. The main thing was that he was the only seller in the UK who claimed to sell the Record Doctor V. Anyone know anyone else (reputable!) who stocks it?

I contacted My Hermes 3 times via their chatline. When it hadn't arrived by the 3rd Jan they asked me to get a description, weight and dimensions from the sender so they could look for it. That's when I finally went back to Mr Nangle, reaching him by phone him on the 4th. He hadn't answered any emails about the missing parcel until that point. As he frequently seems to have parcels 'lost' by couriers, particularly by My Hermes, it wouldn't surprise me if he has got some sort of trick that fools their system into thinking that they have a parcel when in fact they haven't. Funny how this doesn't seem to happen to many other vendors - poor old Scott Nangle!

If anyone has any doubts about this man, do a search for snvinyl on the Trustpilot site.
 

crojak

New member
Jan 14, 2016
0
0
0
UPDATE 20/01/2016
I did get my goods eventually. However it was far from a satisfactory experience and my original review (below) is still relevant, and adds to the general air of disatisfaction about Snvinyl.

Original review:

I wish I'd googled this bloke's name before ordering a Record Doctor V from him on Nov 20th!

I was told it was out of stock despite the site accepting my order. I then waited 4 weeks for new stock to arrive from the USA - told it would be 10-14 days. No contact from him in the meantime. I had to make all the running to get any info out of him. Finally got a My Hermes tracking number on 21st Dec. Followed parcel's progress on the MH website.... where it stopped on the 28th - 'out with courier for local delivery. By 30th I was worried and reported it to MyHermes. I finally managed to make contact with Scott Nangle on 4th Jan and told him it looked like it was lost. Fair enough - he can't control couriers. Maybe if My Hermes hadn't screwed up I'd be happy enough with SNVinyl. But since then, despite promising to send a replacement by another courier every time I have phoned him, nothing has shown up - it's now Jan 14th. He never answers emails and I've a feeling that he will probably stop answering the phone soon. His tone of voice on the phone gives him away - a man used to giving empty assurances, or telling outright lies to get someone off his back for another 24 hours. I have now started proceedings to get the money back. The problem is, I really wanted the machine and he was the only site I could find in the UK that stocked (or said they stocked) the Record Doctor V. Does anyone know another supplier?

So, be warned: the most charitable viewing of the way this bloke does business is to say that he is incompetent. I'd say he is worse that that. By the way - I have his mobile number (which he never answers) and a landline which I assume is his parent's house as his father usually answers. If anyone needs it, let me know.

UPDATE 15/01/16
Yesterday afternoon I emailed him to let him know that I was starting proceedings to get my money back via chargeback with my bank. I also said that I would be sending them copies of all our correspondence, a timeline, plus links and screengrabs of all the bad reviews he has online - there are a lot of them - and said I would be putting this evidence in the hands of various interested parties. Within an hour he sent a parcel2go tracking number. Funny that. However, the tracking number info only says 'awaiting pick-up between 9am and 17.30' so I'm fully expecting that nothing will be picked up today. His pattern of behaviour is too well established to expect anything else. We shall see.
 

buddhahatful

New member
May 18, 2016
0
0
0
I registered on this site specifically to warn others about the nightmare that is Scott Nangle Audio.

I pre-ordered LPs from him over a year ago. He took payment (£50) immediately which I was thought was strange but as I understand it this is how he operates. Fair enough. About a month ago when it became apparent that one of the LPs was available but that the other was yet to be released, I asked Scott to despatch the available LP and refund the £22 for the unreleased LP. I got a lot of confusing responses that didn't seem to answer my request.

Several weeks passed with no sign of LP, or refund so I contacted him very clearly asking for a FULL REFUND of the £50.

No replies from Scott to emails or phone calls. Fearing the worst i.e. fraud, I posted on Pinkfish media about my bad experiences. Scott Nangle is a member on there (user Daytona 600) and, hey presto, an immediate response from Scott offering to sort out my problem.

He apparently paid the refund into my bank five days ago but, surprise, surprise, the money is still not showing up in my account!

Scott emailed a bank 'trace number' for me to find the alleged refund but the number was meaningless to the bank and they could find no evidence of the refund.

I spoke again to Scott yesterday and he blusteringly explained that he had mixed up the numbers in my sort code. Righto. I asked him to rectify and make the payment. As of this morning there is still no refund in my bank account.

I do not know what the real situtation is with this trader and would hate to throw the word fraud around without solid evidence. There are apparently happy Scott Nangle customers out there. However a quick google will reveal an awful lot of people in my exact sitaution. My experience leads me to suspect that he may have cashflow problems and knowingly gives you the runaround when you ask for your money back. Therefore, my advice to anybody contemplating using his service is simply, don't. If anything goes wrong, you risk wasting a lot of time trying to get your money back, and possibly risk losing your money altogether.
 

BigH

Well-known member
Dec 29, 2012
115
7
18,595
I have come across this guy before on various forums, also on Trustpilot his reviews generally are not good. I think the problem is he does not have the lps in stock, so when they are ordered he has to source them from abroad, sometimes he can't get them at the right price. How did you pay him?
 

Al ears

Well-known member
BigH said:
I have come across this guy before on various forums, also on Trustpilot his reviews generally are not good. I think the problem is he does not have the lps in stock, so when they are ordered he has to source them from abroad, sometimes he can't get them at the right price. How did you pay him?

If you search this forum using Google you will find this is not the first SN vinyl thread.

Although I have used him in the past, and not without problems, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole now. If you search there are more reliable and cheaper sites around.

Hang on........ this is my post of four years ago.... You live and learn.
 

BigH

Well-known member
Dec 29, 2012
115
7
18,595
Al ears said:
BigH said:
I have come across this guy before on various forums, also on Trustpilot his reviews generally are not good. I think the problem is he does not have the lps in stock, so when they are ordered he has to source them from abroad, sometimes he can't get them at the right price. How did you pay him?

If you search this forum using Google you will find this is not the first SN vinyl thread.

Although I have used him in the past, and not without problems, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole now. If you search there are more reliable and cheaper sites around.

Hang on........ this is my post of four years ago.... You live and learn.

Yes it is. Looks like he bumped your old post but because its the first post on a new page looked like a new post.
 

Al ears

Well-known member
BigH said:
Al ears said:
BigH said:
I have come across this guy before on various forums, also on Trustpilot his reviews generally are not good. I think the problem is he does not have the lps in stock, so when they are ordered he has to source them from abroad, sometimes he can't get them at the right price. How did you pay him?

If you search this forum using Google you will find this is not the first SN vinyl thread.

Although I have used him in the past, and not without problems, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole now. If you search there are more reliable and cheaper sites around.

Hang on........ this is my post of four years ago.... You live and learn.

Yes it is. Looks like he bumped your old post but because its the first post on a new page looked like a new post.

(Not) nice to see nothing has changed then. It is, however, a good reminder to people.
 

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts