Smooth Interconnct Required

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
$"
What woud you guys reccomend for a smooth interconnect to use.
System is Audiolab 8200CD, Arcam FMJA19 Amplifier and Monitor Audio RX6 speakers.
Need a cable that will reduce sibilance as much as possible.
Speaker cables are Audioquest FLXSLIP4

stevebrock said:
PP, think the Chameleon is silver isnt it? Doh! why did I go from Crimson to Chameleon!

Not sure - Chord are generally very good regards sibilance.

The strange thing is the Leema, although meant to be tooth achingly bright, has never demonstrated any sibilance but, on the other hand, the Alpha 7, which is meant to be rich in tonal character, does. Why is that? answers on a postcard... or on this forum will suffice.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
now you mention Arcam, many many years i had a CD63kisig and Arcam CDP - not sure which one but Alpha something - it was there equivalent to the KIsig, criket that thing was bright & clinical and i much preferred the marantz!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
PP, think the Chameleon is silver isnt it? Doh! why did I go from Crimson to Chameleon!

The strange thing is the Leema, although meant to be tooth achingly bright, has never demonstrated any sibilance but, on the other hand, the Alpha 7, which is meant to be rich in tonal character, does. Why is that? answers on a postcard... or on this forum will suffice.

Maybe it needs a service.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
now you mention Arcam, many many years i had a CD63kisig and Arcam CDP demo - not sure which one but Alpha something - it was there equivalent to the KIsig, crikey that thing was bright & clinical and i much preferred the marantz!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

CLASSIC!!!!!!!

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

That's below the plimsoll line, Cno. I'm very touchy at the moment....

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
.That's below the plimsoll line, Cno. I'm very touchy at the moment....

evil.png

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
It's a very good question, though. Why do so many Nad users complain about their amps being shrill and demonstrating sibilance?

My guess is it's room related, with some poor synergy and silver coated cables thrown in for good measure.

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
what about some van damme copper interconnectors about 20 to 30 quid, i am using them in favour to of some cables which cost over 100 quid to tame brightness. they have a warm but open sound to them

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I see we are back in fantasy land again! A cable to reduce sibilance? What you would need is a filter which was tuned specifically to those frequencies which constituted sibilance and then managed to reduce them without affecting the non-sibilant parts of those frequencies.

Where's my magic wand? Expelliarmus.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts