How To Wired System to Wireless Conversion

John96

Mar 2, 2023
Visit site
I have a wired Turntable, Amplifier, Speaker system that I'm very happy with as it is. However, circumstances have come up mean the Turntable and Amp need to be moved to another area. I want to keep the speakers where they are on wall shelves, but don't want to re-wire speaker cable runs. Is it possible to convert the Amplifier/Speaker connection to wireless and keep the fidelity and separation? If so could someone please advise how? Thank You.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I have a wired Turntable, Amplifier, Speaker system that I'm very happy with as it is. However, circumstances have come up mean the Turntable and Amp need to be moved to another area. I want to keep the speakers where they are on wall shelves, but don't want to re-wire speaker cable runs. Is it possible to convert the Amplifier/Speaker connection to wireless and keep the fidelity and separation? If so could someone please advise how? Thank You.

It sounds like you've traditional passive loudspeakers which means they have to be wired directly to your amp, you could move just the turntable then add something like a Bluesound hub to the turntable and then a node to the amp but thats coming on for £900. Sonos will almost certainly have a similar set up but I could quite figure out what you'd use.

Reactions: John96

John96

Mar 2, 2023
Visit site
James105, thank you. Yes they are passive speakers. Looks so far like I'm stuck with a re-wire. The Turntable, Tuner and Amp are all housed in a single cabinet. Will explore the Sonos suggestion, but I'm guessing it will be cost prohibitive.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
James105, thank you. Yes they are passive speakers. Looks so far like I'm stuck with a re-wire. The Turntable, Tuner and Amp are all housed in a single cabinet. Will explore the Sonos suggestion, but I'm guessing it will be cost prohibitive.

Hi John, if the issue is the sight of the cables then B&Q and screw fix do a conduct called dline in vas sizes with corners and such, I used it and was happy with the look, it’s self adhesive aswell.

John96

Mar 2, 2023
Visit site
James105 Thank you, yes I am aware of the conduit system you suggest. It's just the drilling through walls and the probability that my wife will want to move furniture again that lead me to think of a wireless possibility.
The Bluesound equipment is, I'm sure excellent, but having approach a local retailer, would be just too expensive for me.
So I guess I'll have to get the 18 inch masonry bit out again. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts