Smart TV - Sony,Samsung,Panasonic

pirsmark

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I am buying new TV size 42 to 47. I will use TV mostly for streaming data via home server, browsing on the net and using as a monitor for pc (video editing).

Of course is pictrure quality important for me while watching movies. But i also want to have responsive menus and capability to support different video formats with subtitles.

So i am deciding between :

- Sony seria W8

- Samsung seria 7000 or 8000

- Panasonic XT P42GT60 (how is with burning image problem)

or Panasonic LED -> TX L42DT65

I dont have any chance to see them in one place and compare so i am really counting on you to help me choose one TV. Could you tell me also pros and cons of them.

Thanks

Mark

Paul.

I highly recommend the Plex app which is available on the Samsung app store, very cool, gives way more than standard DLNA :)

show_overview.png

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The plasma may give you untold problems with image retention, or even burn, so I would stick with a lcd/led if you want it for a monitor.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
The plasma may give you untold problems with image retention, or even burn, so I would stick with a lcd/led if you want it for a monitor.

+1 here. If you want it as a monitor I would give plasma a miss

pirsmark

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
OK thanks to all! You convinced me not to buy plasma.

So now are my favorites:

- Panasonic: Viera TX-L42DT65B

- Sony: KDL47W805

- Samsung: UE40F7000

Please help me to choice because i really can not decide!

D

Deleted member 2457

pirsmark said:
OK thanks to all! You convinced me not to buy plasma.

So now are my favorites:

- Panasonic: Viera TX-L42DT65B

- Sony: KDL47W805

- Samsung: UE40F7000

Please help me to choice because i really can not decide!

What is your budget?

D

Deleted member 2457

pirsmark said:
Around 1000EUR (+- ~100EUR)

I don't know what the prices are where you come from but here you can get a Samsung 40F8000 for under £1000:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4768

Or a Samsung 46F7000 for just over £1000:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4768

I would consider them too if possible.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I've got a Panasonic: Viera TX-L47DT65B. The picture is great, the browsing is 'okay' at most, the apps aren't all that. The DLNA works great though. There is problem is with the backlight however...in that it leaks...and it's a poblem with them all in this range from my experience. To try and prevent the 'blooming' you have to have Adaptive Backlight Control set on max and then you'll notice corners of the screen go from bright to light as the tv adapts. The screen is very, very reflective as well. I love the picture, it is lovely, but I'm nonetheless on the verge of returning mine (the third TV now in this range now from Panasonic). This is just so you know it aint perfect!

pirsmark

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
SiUK said:
Hi

I've got a Panasonic: Viera TX-L47DT65B. The picture is great, the browsing is 'okay' at most, the apps aren't all that. The DLNA works great though. There is problem is with the backlight however...in that it leaks...and it's a poblem with them all in this range from my experience. To try and prevent the 'blooming' you have to have Adaptive Backlight Control set on max and then you'll notice corners of the screen go from bright to light as the tv adapts. The screen is very, very reflective as well. I love the picture, it is lovely, but I'm nonetheless on the verge of returning mine (the third TV now in this range now from Panasonic). This is just so you know it aint perfect!

Thanks for your opinion about your TV!

So in your opinion which is the TV right now to look for? I am really looking now for Samsung UE46F7000.....

D

Deleted member 2457

I think it is hard to say, I think it will come down to personal preference. Can't you demo?

pirsmark

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this is true! Not really all of them together but i will try to find the way to do this.

Maybe i was asking more about actual experience with this TVs and reabillity and smoothness about smart functions on them. But it looks like that they are very similar and it is really personal choice which of this small diferences you prefere more.

Thanks again for help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts