Panasonic or Sony???

loz54

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

New to this forum and looking for a bit of advice. My Plasma sadly went pop recently after just 2 years, the engineers said it was the screen and that it was a manufacturing defect. Sadly Samsung do not have any replacement screens so in the process of getting a depreciated refund.

So, I need a new TV! Need a 65' to fit in a recess in the living room, narrowed the search to the Panasonic tx-65dx902b or the Sony kd-65xd9305. I've seen both in their smaller sizes in a local shop, both looked impressive, but still having trouble deciding. Be interested if anyone has any thoughts or recommendations. Any help would be appreciated.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
loz54 said:
Hi,

New to this forum and looking for a bit of advice. My Plasma sadly went pop recently after just 2 years, the engineers said it was the screen and that it was a manufacturing defect. Sadly Samsung do not have any replacement screens so in the process of getting a depreciated refund.

So, I need a new TV! Need a 65' to fit in a recess in the living room, narrowed the search to the Panasonic tx-65dx902b or the Sony kd-65xd9305. I've seen both in their smaller sizes in a local shop, both looked impressive, but still having trouble deciding. Be interested if anyone has any thoughts or recommendations. Any help would be appreciated.

pana for sure..fald and better hdr performance too

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
loz54 said:
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Exactly which Samsung plasma was it? Did you have an extended warranty? I'm curious about how much depreciation you will be made to account for.

loz54 said:
Hi,

(You're the umpteenth person to make me say this!) I'd be well impressed if you were getting a 65' television, you might struggle to fit it to an indoor recess though ....! If you mean a 65", then the Panasonic and the Sony both have been well reviewed lately, but no television is perfect. How much money are you willing to spend? Flat or curved? Do you want 3D? Would you consider one of last year's models, which are going cheap just now? Do you want HDR?

Edbo2

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a Panasonic which has a good colour palette. Look at the Sony and decide if the colours are too your liking and then watch a Panasonic. There are subtle differences. Another consideration is 3D. Panasonic uses passive 3D the same as the cinema so the glasses are the same. Sony uses active or shutter glasses so they have batteries which have to be recharged and are expensive to buy

loz54

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Yes, sorry 65 inches, not feet.

Think it's a PF64F8500, didn't have any extended cover and it was a little over 2 1/2 years old. Samsung are settling direct, not through the seller. They offered a replacement Samsung but didn't fancy it, apart from being an older model it was curved which is something I really don't want. The depreciated offer is around £800 less than I paid.

Not fussed about 3D, doesn't float my boat.

Recently seen the two TV's again, both very similar but £500 between them and the Panasonic doesn't play mkv's very well, if you were that kind of shadey individual.

Edging towards the Sony with a view to getting an OLED in a couple of years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts