small setting = bass?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I Just bought speakers that are very large and go very low for my home theatre system. Should I set them to large or small. I also have two sub woofers in my set up. Not sure if the small setting allows the speakers to out put bass? As I would like to get the most out of my system I thought the large setting will be best?. Can someone help please?

A

Anonymous

If you have floorstanders and they can handle below 40Hz , then yes you should set them to Large.

If they don't handle below 40HZ, set them to small and set the receivers crossover to slightly above the limit on the lower frequencies.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Willie Cocker:If you have floorstanders and they can handle below 40Hz , then yes you should set them to Large.

If they don't handle below 40HZ, set them to small and set the receivers crossover to 40Hz.

Do you need a

contractor-broom.jpg

for that sweeping generalisation?

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew, The speakers are VAF DCX GEN 4 series fronts, centre, rears and 2 VAF subs. Yes they all go down to 25Hz. What should I set the cutt off on the subs to in this case when I set them to large? I normal Have the subs cutt off at 80hz.

Cheers Raf.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts