Small lounge. Rears against the wall.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I guess like many my settee is against the back wall so a 5-1 or 6-1 setup is never going to be ideal. I wonder if there are any tips to optimize this setup in terms of positioning, levels etc. lounge approx 3.5x3.5m

If not - I'll just sit back and watch Avatar again.

Cheers

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I guess you either stick 'em on the rear wall above you, or as far back as you can on the side walls so they fire across the seating position.

If you think about it though it's no different to sitting in the back row of the cinema and the sound always seem OK there...

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
roger06:
If you think about it though it's no different to sitting in the back row of the cinema and the sound always seem OK there...

If you were sitting in the back row were you really concentrating on the sound, or were your thoughts elsewhere maybe?!

back on subject though, I've read on the Dolby website that the surround speaker placement should be between 90-110 degrees from your tv, placed slightly above and to the sides of your seating position. So with your sofa against the back wall, the surrounds will be at 90 degrees. It's how I have mine and it sounds great to me, with a very similar 'sofa against the back wall' setup.

A

Anonymous

About a metre above your seating and on the side walls so that they fire over your head should be fine. If you can't put them on side walls then you have to compromise and put them on the back wall. OR get some speakers to install in the ceiling above you, now that could be nice.

Rears don't produce that much sound these days. Fronts and sub positioning is more important

So I don't think it's really necessary to angle them down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts