Small but powerful stereo with 2 sets speakes

davidh71

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for a smallish stereo system, with DAB and ipod dock, but want it to drive two sets of speakers independently - ie I can select either just set A, just set B or both at anytime to be on. Can't seem to find any that have this feature! Any help appreciated

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
An AV receiver with zone2 might be your best bet. What's your budget?

And which speakers do you want to use it with? Especially important if you prefer a 'traditional' stereo amp with A and B speaker outs (and want to be able to use all speakers at a time).

Oh, and welcome to the forum! As you might have figured out, there were some issues, that stopped us from answering first posts, but those issues have gone. Apparently. For now.

D

Deleted member 116933

davidh71 said:
I am looking for a smallish stereo system, with DAB and ipod dock, but want it to drive two sets of speakers independently - ie I can select either just set A, just set B or both at anytime to be on. Can't seem to find any that have this feature! Any help appreciated

Rotel have this feature Ra 10 the 11 and 12 have USB and DIgital inputs so would take the Ipod directly with the right cables this would sound vastly better than an AV reciever at the same price. Bl--DY powerful to boot. Pair with a nice set of Kefs or B&W's and your one to a winner (bookshelfs with a small subwoofer would be my prefered choice)

If your willing to go secound hand you can get all fairly cheaply. Kef cresta2s match well with a rel q150e. Though the amps don't come up to oftern

rainsoothe

millennia_one said:
davidh71 said:

Rotel have this feature Ra 10 the 11 and 12 have USB and DIgital inputs so would take the Ipod directly with the right cables this would sound vastly better than an AV reciever at the same price. Bl--DY powerful to boot. Pair with a nice set of Kefs or B&W's and your one to a winner (bookshelfs with a small subwoofer would be my prefered choice)

If your willing to go secound hand you can get all fairly cheaply. Kef cresta2s match well with a rel q150e. Though the amps don't come up to oftern

+1. The older rotels have the same feature I think - at least the RA1520 does, but I think the 04SE or 06SE also have it

D

Deleted member 116933

DocG said:
friendly_ghost said:
No DAB on the Rotels though, AFAIK

Zackly, and moreover, let's wait for the OP to come back and tell us his budget, and what speakers he has / is planning to get.

Completly agree with the buget being needed!!

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what powerful means etc but the Marantz MCR603, 610 and 611 will all drive 2 sets of speakers with independant switching (and differential volume on the 611), have DAB as well as internet radio/am/fm/cd player/upnp streaming and have both airplay and an ipod certified USB port (to which an Apple cable or a third party dock could be added).

D

Deleted member 116933

splasher said:
Depends on what powerful means etc but the Marantz MCR603, 610 and 611 will all drive 2 sets of speakers with independant switching (and differential volume on the 611), have DAB as well as internet radio/am/fm/cd player/upnp streaming and have both airplay and an ipod certified USB port (to which an Apple cable or a third party dock could be added).

+1 for that...it certainly has everything the OP is looking for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts