SL-G700M2

Hexrem

Sep 2, 2024
Visit site
I have an ongoing issue with my SL-G700M2 -- Firmware updates.

I have connected the unit via LAN cable to my router -- so no wifi issues to deal with. However, while the process runs it consistently either:
1. gets to success, but there is no actual update performed -- Firmware version remains stuck as baseline 1.000.000.000 (or whatever) or
2. Gets to the updating message -- and gets stuck there for as long as I will let it sit.

In all cases (and I have tried dozens of times to get firmware updated) the firmware (now at version 1.xxxxxx.09) will not update and I am constantly reminded every time I go to use this device that a firmware update is needed/available.

Has anyone else seen this? Best yet -- know how to get it fixed? The support line from Technics/Panasonic was useless -- telling me to essentially do what I have already done dozens of times.

I have an ongoing issue with my SL-G700M2 -- Firmware updates.

I have connected the unit via LAN cable to my router -- so no wifi issues to deal with. However, while the process runs it consistently either:
1. gets to success, but there is no actual update performed -- Firmware version remains stuck as baseline 1.000.000.000 (or whatever) or
2. Gets to the updating message -- and gets stuck there for as long as I will let it sit.

In all cases (and I have tried dozens of times to get firmware updated) the firmware (now at version 1.xxxxxx.09) will not update and I am constantly reminded every time I go to use this device that a firmware update is needed/available.

Has anyone else seen this? Best yet -- know how to get it fixed? The support line from Technics/Panasonic was useless -- telling me to essentially do what I have already done dozens of times.
Did you get it from a dealership?

Hexrem

Sep 2, 2024
Visit site
Al -- yes I did -- and have been working with them to get resolved... mostly been pointed to the Panasonic help/support system -- which has made obvious suggestions all of which produce no joy.

Latest change in unit behavior is that it will activate itself from standby mode and go directly into trying to update the Firmware -- which again locks up in flashing "updating" mode. Have to disconnect from the power supply to get unit back online... clearly something is not right and it will require either replacement unit or bench time. I was reaching out here in the dim hope that someone had also experienced this issue and had corrected it... or know the solution.

Reactions: Al ears
Al -- yes I did -- and have been working with them to get resolved... mostly been pointed to the Panasonic help/support system -- which has made obvious suggestions all of which produce no joy.

Latest change in unit behavior is that it will activate itself from standby mode and go directly into trying to update the Firmware -- which again locks up in flashing "updating" mode. Have to disconnect from the power supply to get unit back online... clearly something is not right and it will require either replacement unit or bench time. I was reaching out here in the dim hope that someone had also experienced this issue and had corrected it... or know the solution.
Best of luck. Think I would be demanding a replacement that has been updated.

TRENDING THREADS