SkyHD - two TVs

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I would like my 2nd tv to receive a hdmi signal from the sky box, it's approx 5m from the box.

It currently receives a coaxial signal from the rf2 out. Am I right in saying that the best way is to get a hdmi splitter and run a hdmi cable in addition to the rf2 (which has magic eye) So two cables one for picture/sound and the other for magic eye?

Not sure about ethernet cables I assume these are for longer distances? My main concern is signal degradation - does this happen with the splitter - any good splitters out there?

Thank you.

Matt

A

Anonymous

One for Daveh75 perhaps?
emotion-1.gif

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I use a HDMI splitter to feed a projector in another room. Works fine for me, can't say I've noticed any quality degradation.

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
mattjax05:
I would like my 2nd tv to receive a hdmi signal from the sky box, it's approx 5m from the box.

It currently receives a coaxial signal from the rf2 out. Am I right in saying that the best way is to get a hdmi splitter and run a hdmi cable in addition to the rf2 (which has magic eye) So two cables one for picture/sound and the other for magic eye?

Not sure about ethernet cables I assume these are for longer distances? My main concern is signal degradation - does this happen with the splitter - any good splitters out there?

Thank you.

Matt

I have this arrangement with a 15m HDMI cable and similar length coax for the rf2 out feeding magic eye. Decent cable ensures to little/no perceptible degradation . There are plenty of splitters and longer cables to be had from websites e.g UK HDMI, HD Cable that will do the job.

A

Anonymous

Hi there I want to run a HDMI cable to my bedroom from my living room so I can have SKY HD on second TV but I don't want to drill the big holes for a normal HDMI cable. I have seen a HDMI to Mini HDMI cable and a Mini HDMI to HDMI connector. As the Mini Hdmi is small it would be easier to route (smaller holes in wall!) and then with the connector to turn the Mini HDMI back to standard HDMI. Has anyone done this and does it work?? Thanks Steven

TRENDING THREADS