SKY+ No more?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi, Just tried to upgrade my package at home and the CS person said SKY+ boxes are no longer available through SKY? I'd have to take an ordinary digibox (i.e. no recording facility) or an HD box (don't have an HD TV). An HD box will cost me £249!! That's times 2 if I wanted the recording facility in both rooms... Anyone able to confirm this? Cheers, Cofnchtr.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
...and thanks for the reminder to check my Sky bill - turns out they've been billing me an extra tenner a month for a second HD box, whereas we actually only have one HD and one standard Sky+. So that's over a hundred quid on its way back into the bank account...

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:...and thanks for the reminder to check my Sky bill - turns out they've been billing me an extra tenner a month for a second HD box, whereas we actually only have one HD and one standard Sky+. So that's over a hundred quid on its way back into the bank account...

Hi,

Commission fee winging it's way to me then?? lol.

I phoned them back and said I wasn't happy at the deal on offer. Got put through to cancellations where a period of negotiation took place (all in a polite manner) and I walked off with a free SKY+ box, an ordinary digibox for £49, free installation next Wednesday, a rebate of £19 on my next bill and I added another 2 packs to my account for £1 each.

Now when the installer comes, I wonder if a bacon roll, tea and a kit-kat will allow his mind to wander enough to give me 2 SKY+ units.....

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
you don't need to check the bill.............. - said in an Obi Wan voice
emotion-15.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Oh great. So if I want to ditch HD (due to the glitchy box and effectively increased price - Sky obviously consider themselves poor enough to have to pass the consequences of the recession to the consumer), I still have to stick with the glitchy box.

Wow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts