• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

SKY+ No more?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Hi, Just tried to upgrade my package at home and the CS person said SKY+ boxes are no longer available through SKY? I'd have to take an ordinary digibox (i.e. no recording facility) or an HD box (don't have an HD TV). An HD box will cost me £249!! That's times 2 if I wanted the recording facility in both rooms... Anyone able to confirm this? Cheers, Cofnchtr.

daveh75

Jul 31, 2008
Yes, Sky only supply Sky+HD boxes as standard now, and standard digiboxes for multi-room and FSFS (Freesat From Sky) installs.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Hi,

Thanks to both of you for speedy reply.

Not keen paying that amount for a SKY box then £20/month on top for multiroom. Oh well.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
...and thanks for the reminder to check my Sky bill - turns out they've been billing me an extra tenner a month for a second HD box, whereas we actually only have one HD and one standard Sky+. So that's over a hundred quid on its way back into the bank account...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
hmmm, -makes note to check bill back at home-

EDIT: Rats they got it right...

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Andrew Everard:...and thanks for the reminder to check my Sky bill - turns out they've been billing me an extra tenner a month for a second HD box, whereas we actually only have one HD and one standard Sky+. So that's over a hundred quid on its way back into the bank account...

Hi,

Commission fee winging it's way to me then?? lol.

I phoned them back and said I wasn't happy at the deal on offer. Got put through to cancellations where a period of negotiation took place (all in a polite manner) and I walked off with a free SKY+ box, an ordinary digibox for £49, free installation next Wednesday, a rebate of £19 on my next bill and I added another 2 packs to my account for £1 each.

Now when the installer comes, I wonder if a bacon roll, tea and a kit-kat will allow his mind to wander enough to give me 2 SKY+ units.....

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Oh great. So if I want to ditch HD (due to the glitchy box and effectively increased price - Sky obviously consider themselves poor enough to have to pass the consequences of the recession to the consumer), I still have to stick with the glitchy box.

Wow.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts