Sky in another room

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

I currently have Sky HD in my TV room.

I have a Freesat TV in my living room, but would like Sky in that room. Now, I'd like to be able to watch my sky channels in that room, I don't feel going multi room is really on as it would not get loads of use.

So, I'd like to be able to watch and control sky in the living room. I assume some kind of video sender, I'd like to keep it all wireless if possible.

I remember buying something for my mum about 10 years ago which was pretty rubbish, hopefully things have moved on.

Id like some advice on what equipment I might need.

andrew_cawood

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same conundrum. I got a sky TV link, it didn't work for me, don't know why the power just didn't go through it. They're only £10 or so, so worth tyring but not wireless.

My latest solution (which is not neat but works), is to play Sky Go through my mac which i then stream to an apple tv (£100). It's not HD though.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Richard, Dave will no doubt be along soon as he is the expert. I would suggest going wired as opposed to wireless and if you are happy to do this then it is a matter of having a coaxial cable from the Sky box (RF2) to the TV in the other room. The TV in the other room would then connect to a magic eye which would then enable you to change channels & effectively use your remote in that room.

You would then need to press Services on the remorte in the room with the Sky box on the control followed by 0, 0, 1 and then select. You then scroll to RF outlets turn the power on and remember to save the settings. This would then send 9v power down the coaxial cable. Without this step you would only be able to watch Sky and not control the Sky box. This is what Andrew did not do when he set his up.

jjbomber

Just unplug the box and carry it in!!!

Are you looking to have two people watching 2 Sky HD channels in 2 different rooms at the same time? Or is it just one Sky HD programme but watching it in a different room?

daveh75

richardw42 said:
Hi.

I currently have Sky HD in my TV room.

I have a Freesat TV in my living room, but would like Sky in that room. Now, I'd like to be able to watch my sky channels in that room, I don't feel going multi room is really on as it would not get loads of use.

So, I'd like to be able to watch and control sky in the living room. I assume some kind of video sender, I'd like to keep it all wireless if possible.

I remember buying something for my mum about 10 years ago which was pretty rubbish, hopefully things have moved on.

Id like some advice on what equipment I might need.
Video senders are s#*t tbh (more so than 10 years ago because that part of the spectrum has become increasingly overcrowded though the 5.8 GHz ones will be better than 2.4 GHz), and HD ones expensive!

You're much better going for a cabled solution.

Are you wanting HD quality?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts