Sky HD+ Offer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just been onto Sky to remove a channel from my package. Anyways, they offered me HD+ for 75 quids and 30 quid setup, which I thought was good.

Just thought I'd share this. Offer ends Thursday, apparently.

I'd better go and get a new telly now, I suppose! I've been avidly reading these forums for the last week in an attempt to educate myself on the subject, but I think my brain is full.

A

Anonymous

Well I've just been on the phone for 30mins (holding for 20 !) trying to get the same deal. They said the best offer was £150 for the box and £60 to install (?!). I said that was no offer but actually full price and the muppet on the end of the phone just kept reading his script ! I've been with Sky for 10yrs + and am seriously considering ditching them, only trouble is the kids will go mad with no disney channels.
emotion-39.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what their criteria is for offers. I simply told them I was considering HD and asked what the price was. I don't know if it's package dependent. I have everything except Sports, so £38 a month rising to £48 to include the HD Mix.

Maybe it depends who you get on the phone, the woman I spoke to was very personable. She said this offer isn't being advertised but is just being offered to existing customers.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I selected the option to remove channels from my subscription. Took a fair few key presses to get there!

A

Anonymous

So you have to threaten to cancel to get the deal then !?!

My package is Sky World, maybe they think they can't get anything else out of me !!

Customer Service, Loyalty.... Come on Sky have you heard of this ????

A

Anonymous

Who knows how their brains work. I wasn't cancelling, as such, just removing one channel. I reckon they're offering it to people with a premium package like films or sports.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have been offered a very similar deal. I walked into my local shopping centre and talked to one of the guys on the sky stand.

I have also tried to call and see if there was a better deal by going direct over the phone. Guy on the other end was prepared to let me have £5 off per month, but would not move on the price of box (also reading off a script) and I stated that it was costing me not him money to talk to him, to which he stated that if I had sky talk the calls would be free, GREAT!

Anyway the guys at the Sky stand stated they could do the box for £75 plus fitting of £60 which is significantly better than going direct. Also offered to get me money off my monthly payments if they could negotiate it at the point of order (still waiting for a response on that 10am tomorrow morning), getting it fitted week on Sat so absolutely chuffed. Shame I couldn't get it fitted for £30 but all in all a good deal i feel especially if I get some extras.

My advice would be to search these guys out, I did this in the Shires Shopping Centre in Leicester.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a deal, especially if you get money off monthly subs. I'll have to track them down, maybe bluewater on Saturday if JL price match !?

A

Anonymous

Confirmed my fitting for next sat.

Yes it maybe worth a try get JL to price match.

Unfortunately no additional discounts on the monthly payments but still really happy with the price.

Roll on the new premiership season!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
i THINK thius 75£ deal iws actually mentioned on their website.

speaking of which i was doing some research on there and, imo, the site has changed a lot and become much less user friendly. had to call in the end to get some pricing info i wanted.

theyre pretty inconsistent too - a mate of mine (much longer tewrm customer thaqn me and he has all the channels, albeit just with the basic box) gets all sorts thru the post fom them and i barely get anything. maybe they just target all the mailings very carefully.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I got the same deal yesterday from a rep at a sky stand in Rhyl of all places. 75 quid to new HD customers taking multi room - plus 30 for installation. They are fitting on Monday.

I had already decided to leave BT, so have gone for internet and calls aswell. The only thing stopping me doing this previously was the cost of the box and pay per view football - both of which they have addressed, so it was a no brainer.

The rep said it was 150 quid for single room or 75 for multi room, or 200 for existing Sky+ customers to go HD.

Happy Days,

ILMM

A

Anonymous

I've finally gone HD !!! Installing Monday.

Deal is £75 box £60 intall but that includes relocating my existing Sky+ box for multiroom. Not bad a deal I think. The nice cahp in bluewater took some persuading though !
emotion-2.gif

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm not sure if im supposed to post up here this so i'll apologise now. If I recomend someone to sky that person and I will each get a Sky HD box for £75. I think you would have to be a new customer. Who's interested?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts