SKY HD Contrast setting???

PINK MOON

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
When i first got Sky HD I could access a contrast setting through the services button, now i can't find it? I think its the normal amstard box ive got,, and im positive it has been removed? I just cant find it,, its like when you loose your wallet and you check your pockets every 5 mins and you know it should be there,, but it just isnt, no matter how many times you look!!

The box may have been updated because i recently had to re-tune ITV HD as its not available in Scotland.

Does anyone have any ideas? can someone point me in the right direction?

cheers!!

daveh75

It's set to medium afaik.

As to why they removed it, Sky being Sky don't give reasons...Though i suspect it was down to the 'high contrast bug' some boxes suffered from - probably easier for them to remove the function, rather than actually fix the bug in the s/w.

daveh75

As to why they removed it, Sky rarely give reasons...Though i suspect it was down to the 'high contrast bug' some boxes suffered from - probably easier for them to remove the function, rather than actually fix the bug in the s/w.

A

Anonymous

Is it just the amstrad boxes then as mines a samsung and i still have it as an option my system version 1.32B12

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I can still adjust the contrast on mine.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:No not just amstrad boxes...They were doing the updates in batches so you may not of had it yet.

Ok thanks for that.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:

As to why they removed it, Sky rarely give reasons...Though i suspect it was down to the 'high contrast bug' some boxes suffered from - probably easier for them to remove the function, rather than actually fix the bug in the s/w.

What was the "high contrast bug"? I currently run my contrast setting at high, as I think that it gives a better picture with my TV. I shall be very miffed off if Sky decide to reduce my picture quality rather then spend some of their millions of pounds profit on finding a proper solution to yet another box reliability issue.

TRENDING THREADS