Sky HD box - lip sync is out on HD channels only

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I to have been having the same problems with the HD channels, where the sound is about 1 second behind the pictures, until today. I was about to ring Sky to complain like the other users here and thought i had better switch to a problem channel so as to back up my complaint. I was amazed to see that there was now only a tiny mismatch. I switched to all the other HD channels and they were all the same, now almost in sync.

Now i don't know if Sky have now sorted out this problem or if it the problem will return later..

Has any one else noticed this change?

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:to force a firmware upgrade, all you need to do is, switch box off at mains, whilst still off, press and hold the "back up" button on the box, switch mains back on still keeping button pressed, when the box lights up like a xmas tree,i.e all lights on front panel are lit,about 10-20 secs, you can now take finger of back up button,the box is downloading firmware

Many thanks for this advice, Daveh75.

I have tried it today and my Thomson box is much improved.

A

Anonymous

hi just had dreaded sky hd plus installed with my new panasonic 42 inch plasma and whoe and betide lip sync can any one tell me who have the thompson box details as below if doing a firmware update has changed any of these. thanks anyone.

epg ver 5.10.jhd /os vers 1.32 aoe/ model 607120v/ vers no 4e3004/

A

Anonymous

My main problem is the fan on my HD box. Sounds like it wants it take off sometimes, even when on standby mode.

A

Anonymous

Is it advisable to do a firmware update anyway even if your are not having problems,or should the box do it automatically?

edit; I do notice a lip sync problem usually watching Discovery HD and American Chopper, or a show which has cut away interviews.

daveh75

michael_walkden:

Is it advisable to do a firmware update anyway even if your are not having problems,or should the box do it automatically?

edit; I do notice a lip sync problem usually watching Discovery HD and American Chopper, or a show which has cut away interviews.
It should automatically update periodically, but doesnt hurt to force an update manually if you're having problems.

daveh75

Cap:My main problem is the fan on my HD box. Sounds like it wants it take off sometimes, even when on standby mode.
Have you got sufficient space for ventilation around the box! it sounds as if it may be getting to hot especially if the fans coming on even in stand-by

A

Anonymous

Had Sky HD fitted last week and i get the lip sync problem on certain channels, really noticeable on BBC2 anyone else having issues with their Samsung boxes, how long before Sky would sort it out??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts