Sky Anytime+

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Got my Anytime+ set up but, disappointed to find that everything's in standard definition apart from what's in Showcase (which appears to be everything that was in Anytime anyway).

So it seems that the only benefit of Anytime+ is a load of stuff in SD that I'll never watch anyway.

Am I missing something or have I got it set up wrong?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Right - I wondered if it might be that you only subscribed to certain packages (and therefore only got HD offerings for those).

Not a great start, HD-wise then. We've yet to have a serious play with our set-up - will report back on how things look/sound/evolve...

A

Anonymous

Ok, thanks Clare. It might be that I'm doing something wrong but I don't think so. When I go into 'Movies' all of them A-Z are SD.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
As far as I am aware, all the Anytime+ will be in SD. I guess this may change in the future but maybe Claire can look into this one for us. Still waiting for mine tho.

Cheers all

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Sky said at launch it would only be SD content, and with stereo sound. The HD on-demand content would remain on the existing Anytime service. The main push seems to be the complete series, such as the much-trailed HBO content. I'm hopefully going to be looking in to it all tonight...

A

Anonymous

Joe Cox:Sky said at launch it would only be SD content, and with stereo sound. The HD on-demand content would remain on the existing Anytime service. The main push seems to be the complete series, such as the much-trailed HBO content. I'm hopefully going to be looking in to it all tonight...

So is the existing Anytime service now 'Showcase'?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not as such, Anytime stays being Anytime, with mix of HD and SD content - for users of both Anytime+ and all other Sky customers.

Showcase brings all the HD content (where your package allows) together for Anytime+ users.

More in our blog here - which we'll add to with hands-on info.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:

Not as such, Anytime stays being Anytime - for users of both Anytime+ and all other Sky customers.

More in our blog here - which we'll add to with hands-on info.

Can't check at the moment cos my son's watching The Robinsons on the Disney channel but I'm fairly certain that I no longer have the old Anytime service.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
pejwright:Can't check at the moment cos my son's watching The Robinsons on the Disney channel but I'm fairly certain that I no longer have the old Anytime service.

The Anytime+ service incorporates the Anytime service, so you won't lost access to anything if your box had upgraded. The 'old' content will be there to play right away while the Anytime+ content will need to be pushed to the box and downloaded before you view. You should find, provided you subscribe to HD content, plenty of HD content in amongst the new layout.

A

Anonymous

Joe Cox:

pejwright:Can't check at the moment cos my son's watching The Robinsons on the Disney channel but I'm fairly certain that I no longer have the old Anytime service.

The Anytime+ service incorporates the Anytime service, so you won't lost access to anything if your box had upgraded. The 'old' content will be there to play right away while the Anytime+ content will need to be pushed to the box and downloaded before you view. You should find, provided you subscribe to HD content, plenty of HD content in amongst the new layout.

So, is Anytime now Showcase as I asked above because it seems as though everything that was in Anytime before upgrading is now in Showcase?

I know the heading at the top still says Anytime alongside Planner but everything that is in the standard Anytime seems to have moved to Showcase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts