Size does matter. Best 50 inch plasmas.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks to the good people of this forum, my interest in my AV kit has been rekindled. The nice man from Sky is coming tomorrow to install Sky HD and multiroom. Unbelievably, my wife is happy for me to relegate the Pioneer plasma to the play room and get a 50 inch screen for the main viewing room. Having read the reviews, the Pioneer PDP-LX508D appears to be the best there is. I can't quite justify the cost, though I'm open to persuasion. Assuming the Pioneer PDP-508XD is second best, which other 50 inchers should I audition before buying.

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
The pioneer is a good choice. Wise to check others Though. Market is changeing quality improving example new x Sony kl 52x 3500 lcd 100htz lowest price around 2750 --3500 worth a look/view.With the credit crunch

it may be worth waiting a little longer to purchase your dream screen because i expect prices to fall further.All the best with your search.

A

Anonymous

i would never recommend a 52" LCD, 100% plasma on 42+ for me.. maybe Samsung PS50P96HDX and Panasonic TH50PZ70B, or maybe wait for the New Panasonics

A

Anonymous

I too am in the market for a new screen. I have viewed the PDP-LX508D and it is a mint TV, but also am finding it hard to justify the cost although as you say the 508XD is also nice. Have you considered the Panasonic 50" PZ70 / PZ700, and at around the £1200 mark its hard to justify the extra cost against performance. It would also leave you cash left over to upgrade cables / Blu Ray / Amps and Speakers. I have also heard good things about the Samsung LE50 F96BDF although its an LCD it has had good reviews am comes with a whopping 500000 : 1 claimed contrast ratio. Let me know how you get on.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The Panasonic TH-50PX70 (£1800) is an exceptional TV, and there may be deals to be had as the new models are on the way.

For value, it's hard to beat the Samsung PS50Q97HDX - officially £1500, but again a quick Google search will find it for less (Amazon sells it for £870).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, both great-value sets. Mind you, I'd still sell a kidney and get either of the Pioneers.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

Yes, both great-value sets. Mind you, I'd still sell a kidney and get either of the Pioneers.
emotion-2.gif

[/quote]

No you wouldn't, and if you would then you must be insane.

I know you don't mean it because you put a smile.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Of course I was joking: I'm keeping the kidneys back for when the next gas bill comes
emotion-6.gif

But seriously - the Pioneers are the sort of TVs it'd be worth scrimping and saving for.

A

Anonymous

Very Annoyed, i dont know how on earth you couldnt see that as a joke ^_^ hehe

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matthew s"]Very Annoyed, i dont know how on earth you couldnt see that as a joke ^_^ hehe[/quote]

I know it was a joke. I was making a joke about someone making a joke about selling their organs for a telly. And on and on it goes....................

A

Anonymous

their prices are only rough... there not going to go to every site to find the cheapest prices...its just a guideline price as they rapidly change :)

and also its 799 at PRC Direct :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts