• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Shutter Island

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

SteveR750:FrankHarveyHiFi:

SteveR750:I watched Ghost Rider straight after it and thought it was better.

Oops I meant writer, not rider...indeed

I saw this recently advertised as 'The Ghost' not 'The Ghost Writer'...seems like there is a bit of confusion over the title, maybe a copyright or something....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Finally got round to seeing Shutter Island tonight (have avoided even reading this thread....)

Spotted the twist very soon (tell me there's a twist and i'll sniff it out from plot motifs soon enough), but didn't spoil the film for me - far from it; cinematography (and especially lighting) is awesome, and some very strong performances.

And a great-looking Blu-ray, if slightly odd in the sound-mix occasionally (but hey, maybe it's meant to mess with our heads
)

Not an all-time classic, but just a solid, compelling movie that paid homage to classic Hitchcock/noir very effectively.

Mind you, i still struggle to watch (Sir) Ben Kingsley without thinking of his turn in Sexy Beast

SteveR750

Mar 11, 2005
I saw it on the LCD screen in an Airbus A330 so wasn't able to appreciate the finer visual points of it to be fair

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts