should I buy B&W 805s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help? I am thinking of buying a pair of B&W 805s speakers BUT what to play through them my budget is about £3000 poss£3500 if the wife is in a good mood!!!

A

Anonymous

Naim CD5x, Naim NAC 122X & Naim 150X plus some good stands. Excellent timing and dynamics and around £3000.

A

Anonymous

How about the Arcam fmj CD36 and A32 combination - currently available at substantial savings and perfect for the 805's which need a masterful and detailed amp.

A

Anonymous

I own Naim kit and have heared a cd5i nait 5i 805s together,very nice but to be honest you need a powerfull amp to get the best out of B&Ws,from what I have read,but sounded O.K.to me.I would try cd 5 x nait5i rather than cd5i 122/150.At that sought of outlay you must DEMO. Good luck Chris C.

A

Anonymous

As I originally suggested, the CD5x will be adaquate - but I must emphisise the use of pre/power over the nait 5i - power alone doesn't determine quality

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="raypalmer"]I second the Naim vote.[/quote]

make that 3 vote for naim! Naim's watts are a lot meatier than other although if you could get Nac112x with a 2nd hand olive NAP200 the grip on B&W would be even better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts