Setting up a new LCD TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Afternoon all

Just bought a Samsung LE37M87 LCD Tv and knwo to get the best out of them you have to do a bit of twiddling. Had a search through the forums and couldn't find much - does anyone have any guides to setting up a new LCD TV? Any nice web links, tips or back issue numbers of the mag that I could look at?

It's sat in a living room near some patio doors (bad place I know, but the wife insists) and I will mostly be playing Blu-ray discs, DVDs and games through my PS3. A bit of standard Sky watching as well but would rather set up really well for movies and games and live with a worse picture on Sky as who really cares how good Eastenders looks!

A

Anonymous

Loooooooonely, I'm so very very loooooooonely.......

Someone must have experience of setting up an LCD TV. Colour settings, brightness, contrast etc...

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, ahar!

Your best bet is to get cracking with the THX Optimizer settings, as found on THX-certified DVDs. This gives you a simple to follow series of screens and video tests that will walk you through adjusting your TV's various settings.

Head over to the THX website for more details, and to find a list of DVDs that carry the Optimizer settings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts