Sennheiser Momentum Over The Ears Vs B&W P5 Series 2 on ear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Which is the best and why? How do they compare comfort wise? Which pair is more exciting? Which pair would you buy?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Both Momentum Sr. and Junior are over the ear. Junior is far below the P5 in fidelity. Senior is as good overall, but where the P5 treble is extended, the Senior rolls off and upper harmonics are dulled.

D

Deleted member 2457

dalethorn said:

Both Momentum Sr. and Junior are over the ear. Junior is far below the P5 in fidelity. Senior is as good overall, but where the P5 treble is extended, the Senior rolls off and upper harmonics are dulled.
Cheers Dale, just noticed Superfi have 10 per cent off too.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Why don't you go to a store and try a few out and then buy the pair that you like the most? At the moment it's Sennheiser, B&W, Bose etc etc. Take some of your favourite tunes, listen and pick. Then ask the dealer for their best offer, then buy them. Or John Lewis. Buy well, buy once. It's not all about other people's opinions, reviews and bagging a fantastic deal from Amazon Spain or eBay.

Sorry to be rude and harsh fella, that isn't my intention, I just want you to buy the pair that YOU like most.

D

Deleted member 2457

JoelSim said:
Why don't you go to a store and try a few out and then buy the pair that you like the most? At the moment it's Sennheiser, B&W, Bose etc etc. Take some of your favourite tunes, listen and pick. Then ask the dealer for their best offer, then buy them. Or John Lewis. Buy well, buy once. It's not all about other people's opinions, reviews and bagging a fantastic deal from Amazon Spain or eBay.

Sorry to be rude and harsh fella, that isn't my intention, I just want you to buy the pair that YOU like most.
The thing is I don't have many shops where I can demo, and I have tried quite a few pairs now and sold them or returned them, so I was just making sure I cover all boxes this time. Cheers.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
JoelSim said:

The thing is I don't have many shops where I can demo, and I have tried quite a few pairs now and sold them or returned them, so I was just making sure I cover all boxes this time. Cheers.

That's exactly why you need to get to a shop and audition some Gel. For every reason under the sun.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
If I know you gel, you WILL return any headphones you buy. :)

You don't really need headphones, just want to satisfy your urge to buy something new and shiny! ;)

Which isn't fair to be fair.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:

You don't really need headphones, just want to satisfy your urge to buy something new and shiny! ;)
I think you're right BB, I still really crave them though. *dash1*

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
JoelSim said:

This is obviously good advice but I don't think gel has much interest in actually listening to the headphones he buys.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Just do what I do - buy something you can't possibly afford, then come up with creative ways to pay for it and keep it. You get better listening that way, you stretch your brain being creative, and you stimulate the local economy. It's a win all the way around.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:

An excellent reason to buy them.

I am - maybe - on the brink of buying a camera I don't really need (Sony DSC RX100 III) mostly because it's new and shiny. I already have a perfectly good camera but I want another one.

chebby said:
bigboss said:
If I know you gel, you WILL return any headphones you buy. :)

An excellent reason to buy them.?

I am - maybe - on the brink of buying a camera I don't really need (Sony DSC RX100 III) mostly because it's new and shiny. I already have a perfectly good camera but I want another one.

Will you return it or sell it at a loss within 2 months? Have you failed to save any money in the past 2 years?

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
bigboss said:

Yes totally agree. Mind if I could get refunds on all of my spontaneous buys ove the years I would be minted!!*biggrin*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
chebby said:
bigboss said:

Will you return it or sell it at a loss within 2 months? Have you failed to save any money in the past 2 years?

I will take photographs with it (in between stroking it and looking up totally unnecessary leather everready cases for me to pose it in!)

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think headphones more than anything else are such a personal thing. I have listened to loads and been prepared to spend big bucks at times, but I always stick with my AKGs in the end as i love the sound. Dont buy headphones on reviews alone, you have to hear them, and I know thats difficult at times.

D

Deleted member 2457

Womaz said:
I think headphones more than anything else are such a personal thing. I have listened to loads and been prepared to spend big bucks at times, but I always stick with my AKGs in the end as i love the sound. Dont buy headphones on reviews alone, you have to hear them, and I know thats difficult at times.
Yep, I find searching for the right headphones very difficult. I have tried lots of pairs now and I am still not 100 per cent happy. I wish I could take things from some and then stick them altogether for a single pair. I was listening to a pair of Bose on ear headphones in Costco today the OE pair for £95 but wasn't happy with the head bit on my head, it felt uncomfortable. I would like a pair of headphones its just getting it right. I sold my Bose QC25's to fund it too, but now I am all confused again. Last night I nearly bought the B&W p3's and the Sennheiser Momentum over ear pair. Yes two headphones, that's how crazy this is!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts