Selling advice please

Dai441

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
Hello All!

Could somebody please give me some much needed advice? I have trawled the internet for help on selling my Hi Fi equipment, but only get "We buy Hifi for cash!!" websites, who all sound a bit dodgy to me.

I need to sell my Arcam Solo Neo and Rega R3 speakers due to living with someone who does not appreciate my musical tastes, hence they have very rarely been used. Could someone please let me know the best way to sell these? Are there any decent websites, are these websites that "buy Hi Fi for cash" any good etc. Also, does anyone know how much I should sell these for? I have seen the Arcam on Ebay for £400, but have not seen the Rega R3`s anywhere to compare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated☺

SteveH72

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
AVForums, HiFI Wigwam, Pinkfish Media, Hifi For Sale, Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree all have classifieds sections and are free to list with no sales fees.

What they'll go for depends on age, condition, packaging etc.

D

Deleted member 116933

If you want seller protection the only real contender really is the big E but there many out there If you intend on going the headphone route why not trade at the hifi store?,

But i have to say the reason for your sale is stupid. Have you sold your TV because you agree on the watch to watch all the time? we all have different tastes and if that person is that controlling, there not worth knowing. Sorry! Wife, friend, housemate whoever! My wife would never tell me what to listen too, she may mutter and grumble but never impose tastes or force a sale she just switches off and looks at her iPad. Housemates and friends, id just tell them to F off!

Hello All!

Could somebody please give me some much needed advice? I have trawled the internet for help on selling my Hi Fi equipment, but only get "We buy Hifi for cash!!" websites, who all sound a bit dodgy to me.

I need to sell my Arcam Solo Neo and Rega R3 speakers due to living with someone who does not appreciate my musical tastes, hence they have very rarely been used. Could someone please let me know the best way to sell these? Are there any decent websites, are these websites that "buy Hi Fi for cash" any good etc. Also, does anyone know how much I should sell these for? I have seen the Arcam on Ebay for £400, but have not seen the Rega R3`s anywhere to compare.

As already mentioned their are many reputable sites are around even Facebook has a Hifi for sale page, but stick with eBay is probably the easiest. Knowing what something is worth is pointless, it's what someone is likely to pay for it that matters which is where auction sites come into their own.
As you note hifi for cash sites pay peanuts and are best avoided
Anyone with any sense would probably offer £200 - 300 for the R3s because they were excellent in their day.

Gray

Hello All!
I need to sell my Arcam Solo Neo and Rega R3 speakers due to living with someone who does not appreciate my musical tastes
I have to wonder....hasn't that person got any musical taste of their own?
If so, they could surely share the benefit of your kit.
Otherwise,
If it's your idea to sell it - you are a (far too) considerate person.
If it's the other person's idea - you are living with the wrong person.
Your domestic arrangements are none of our business but you asked for help.....and at least a couple of us are concerned for you.
Hopefully you won't 'need' to sell stuff against your wishes.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Fleabay is fine I buy and sell 90% of my kit on there. I've found through much trial and error what works for me as follows....

1. Put your item up as buy it now at a price that is more than you think it's worth (so if it's worth £250 set the price to £300)
2. Set it to accept offers above £250
3. If you get no interest drop the price but leave the offer amount the same

You may be pleasantly surprised and sell at above what you think it's worth, I tend to make money on hifi kit using this method and on a few occasions I've sold stuff for a lot more than it's been worth. The downside is no interest at all or v low offers but often all that does is prove ýou have an inflated price or the right people simply aren't looking.

Dai441

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
Thank you all for your advice, you have given me a lot of ideas!

Regarding my decision to sell being stupid, well maybe so. But it was a decision made over a years, and not made lightly. It is a shame that it is at present just an ornament and getting no use. The money made will be used to invest in a decent music player and headphones - so everyone will be happy☺

Thanks once again

Reactions: MT

insider9

I've been with someone who didn't understand what music meant to me. Spent 20 years of my life with her. That's despite of me being a musician when we met. I too stopped doing what I like.

Looking back at this having gone through divorce last year I can only sympathise. Let me guess if you played music she likes as often as you like to listen that would also not be ok. Does she prefer quiet and reading books?

I know I may be projecting here but the sentiment is as strong. Have an honest conversation with her (assuming it's her, otherwise with him - not judging) and tell her how important it is to you. Try to work out a living arrangement that you will both be happy with. Don't sacrifice yourself, you only live once.

Love this thread.....I have a wife of 22 years that does not appreciate all my music but we do meet in the middle with classic Elton John and the Eagles so they get played a lot. The main time I play is when my wife is out and as we have a lounge and then a kitchen/dinner/living area when she is watching TV i the kitchen area. I m sure you do not have to sell and could get some use out of it. eBay is best for sellers protection but has the fees attached, FBook Market place is not so popular but is free to use.....my advice is advertise it across a number of platforms and when sold remove it...I see many people selling stuff on eBay but say that it is on sale elsewhere.

Reactions: RBinDC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts