Sell active speakers or amp?

Aayash

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

ive just inherited a naim audio nait 2 amp, and a pair of Behringer Truth B1030a monitors.

I'm reliably informed there is no way these will work together, but I want to make the right decision with regards to which of these I should keep. Should I look into getting a pre amp to go with the speakers and my turntable and CD player, or look to get passive speakers to replace the Behringers? Or is there any other alternative?

Any advice welcomed as I'm not very experienced in this, but I'm keen to get the best set up possible. Thanks!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
davedotco said:
Vladimir said:
Sell the Behringers and buy Linn Kans. :bounce:

I thought you liked a bit of bass Vlad, am I mistaken....... :?

Choosing the Truth (pun intended) would make the audiophile Jesus baby cry.

Maybe his dad could knock up a subwoofer or two........ :?

We used to sell loads of Nait2/Kan systems. With an analogue front end of course, usually a 'you-know-what'. Very communicative but poorly balanced, not really hi-fi at all but, in the right room and with a good player, great fun.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Aayash said:
I'm reliably informed there is no way these will work together

Depends whether the Nait 2 has the preamp output: it was a factory fit option, and if it's there it'll be top left on the rear panel looking from the rear. If it is there, should be easy to buy a cable to link it to the active speakers.

If not, I'd go the passive speakers route.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Sell Beringers and get a Sondek. On a more serious note, get Rega Kytes for peanuts if you spot a pair. Naim IBLs would be the perfect partner, but you'll also be fine with any pair of decent modern speakers.

T

the record spot

gasolin said:
The behringer is nothing special, sell them and get something decent like boston a26,monitor bx2,Q acoustics 2010i/2020I,concept 20........

Tannoy DC4 over any of them if a small room and two feet spare from the wall to site them!

TRENDING THREADS