Second Hand Stereo Amplifier Help Needed

BGWE

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

I recently donated an old pair of Mordaunt Short 908L speakers I had to my younger sister, to help her set up a new home after a recent separation. She unfortunately doesnt have an amplifier to run them. To help her out, and try to get her smiling again, I would like to buy her a second hand stereo amplifier from ebay. Ideally I'd like to keep it around the £50 mark. Could anyone suggest an old but decent model, that will be around my budget and sound good?

Many thanks

Ben

BGWE said:
Hi.

I recently donated an old pair of Mordaunt Short 908L speakers I had to my younger sister, to help her set up a new home after a recent separation. She unfortunately doesnt have an amplifier to run them. To help her out, and try to get her smiling again, I would like to buy her a second hand stereo amplifier from ebay. Ideally I'd like to keep it around the £50 mark. Could anyone suggest an old but decent model, that will be around my budget and sound good?

Many thanks

Ben

They are quite efficient and should easily be driven by most amplifiers, perhaps I could suggest something from Marantz. Check out eBay or Gumtree.

There is a Marantz PM44se currently going for £40 on eBay.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi BGWE I have just bought my Son a Musical Fidelity M3i which should arrive by next Friday you are welcome to his old Audiolab 8000A its an old one but everything works ok , let me know and we can arrange a pick up or curier

BGWE

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Toyota man.

That is really kind fo you and I would love to take you up on the offer. My email address is bgwe@aol.com if you would like to message me privately to discuss details.

Thanks again!!

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi I have emailed you hopefully I typed in the correct address I did check it looked correct , let me know if you havent recieved it and I will have another go ,all the best TM

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi BGWE I am in Nottingham tomorrow fri sat and sun so if you can get back to me we could arrange for me to drop off or meet half way or something

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I did get an 8000a from eBay and just tried it out this morning, driving very modest monitor speakers just sat on the carpeted floor. It's a monster! Very excited and hope you will be too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts