Se7en on Blu-Ray

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I watched one of my favourite thrillers on blu-ray last night, Se7en. They've done an excellent job with the video and audio mastering, definately one to use to test your blacks. The DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack is superb, although I was only listening in 5.1, the effects are spot on and the overall sound is very impressive.

71ZzH1k-N1L._AA1500_.jpg

F

FunkyMonkey

SPOILER WARNING!

Is there an alternative ending on this disk? It freaks me out that he is sent a birthday cake at the end, and there's no sign of his wife. That would make me angry too. Clever though, to play him like to make him the 7th sin.

HD Elvis

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
SPOILER WARNING!!!!

I have the SD DVD and thought I could recall seeing her head in the box in the theatrical release however on a recent viewing you don't see anything. Is it my memory playing tricks on me or are there indeed different cuts of the ending?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
SPOILER ALERT!!

I didn't see it at the cinema, but there's no version I know of that shows the 'item' you've mentioned. I'm not going to say anything because I'm not going to spoil it for anyone - just typing it (even with spoiler alert) is tempting fate!

I actually thought there was something else in the box - again, I won't say due to spoiling.

unfocused

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I really like this film, but have a small problem. I believe that the premise of the story is that people who are guilty of one of the seven deadly sins are killed. But for the sin 'lust' the 'working girl' gets killed. Surely it should have been the customer? Isn't he the one who has the lust? For the girl it's a business transaction.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I recall seeing the item in the box as mentioned...although it's been a long LONG time since I watched this movie.

Could be my old mind playing new tricks?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

PS Anyone else got snow yet? Couple of inches in the hills around here.

A

Anonymous

I'm sure on the region 1 New Line Platinum Series it showed the contents of the box. I'll have to have a watch later.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
unfocused:
I really like this film, but have a small problem. I believe that the premise of the story is that people who are guilty of one of the seven deadly sins are killed. But for the sin 'lust' the 'working girl' gets killed. Surely it should have been the customer? Isn't he the one who has the lust? For the girl it's a business transaction.
Its the morality of the working girl that John Doe is taking issue with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts