Say no more..................

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:
Don't want to spoil the fun but the new April mag is a damn good read, well done chaps and chapesses

Thanks

Interesting, I didn't think it was one of the stronger ones, but then I'm not that bothered about advice on streaming solutions as I have one, so I skipped that, I'm not on the market for a big TV, so I skipped that, I'm not after any style speaker packages, so I mostly skipped that (did read the KEF and Focal reviews though), other than that the Big Question was good because it had a well known forum face in it, although the conclusions were slightly odd (bit skewed perhaps by one panelist going in completely the opposite direction to the others, opinion wise) but in total it was in my hands for no more than about an hour, and I went through it twice!

No biggy, can't please all the people all the time, the last few have been very useful for me.

fayeanddavid:

Good call when money is tight.

We are going through something similar, self employed so always a challenge

Good luck for the job search.

I'm not searching...
emotion-2.gif
. Anyhow, this is not the place to discuss this particular subject. I suspect Andrew's brow is creasing as we speak...
emotion-16.gif

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
the_lhc:fayeanddavid:
Don't want to spoil the fun but the new April mag is a damn good read, well done chaps and chapesses

Thanks

Interesting, I didn't think it was one of the stronger ones, but then I'm not that bothered about advice on streaming solutions as I have one, so I skipped that, I'm not on the market for a big TV, so I skipped that, I'm not after any style speaker packages, so I mostly skipped that (did read the KEF and Focal reviews though), other than that the Big Question was good because it had a well known forum face in it, although the conclusions were slightly odd (bit skewed perhaps by one panelist going in completely the opposite direction to the others, opinion wise) but in total it was in my hands for no more than about an hour, and I went through it twice!No biggy, can't please all the people all the time, the last few have been very useful for me.

Ah, met some interesting points for me, but I was deliberately evasive re content as didn't want to spoil the fun for the other readers who are yet to get their copy.

Interestingly over the course of the month I do read each and every article within the mag, whether they are relevant to me or not.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:the_lhc:fayeanddavid:

Thanks

Interesting, I didn't think it was one of the stronger ones, but then I'm not that bothered about advice on streaming solutions as I have one, so I skipped that, I'm not on the market for a big TV, so I skipped that, I'm not after any style speaker packages, so I mostly skipped that (did read the KEF and Focal reviews though), other than that the Big Question was good because it had a well known forum face in it, although the conclusions were slightly odd (bit skewed perhaps by one panelist going in completely the opposite direction to the others, opinion wise) but in total it was in my hands for no more than about an hour, and I went through it twice!
Ah, met some interesting points for me, but I was deliberately evasive re content as didn't want to spoil the fun for the other readers who are yet to get their copy.

I haven't given anything away that wasn't previewed in the previous month's issue.

Paul.

Its not like its the Usual Suspects or Sixth Sence...

Do hifi magazines have plot twists? You were expecting this box to have a subwoofer in it, actually its the head of Gwyneth Paltrow

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Paul Hobbs:
Its not like its the Usual Suspects or Sixth Sence...

Do hifi magazines have plot twists? You were expecting this box to have a subwoofer in it, actually its the head of Gwyneth Paltrow

But it's fun though, element of some surprise that is....................I see/read the headline blurb for next months mag but never remember it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Next Month details are always set in special self-erasing typography, so that the next month you won't notice when we've had to change everything because some PR person has fouled up on an equipment delivery get lovely surprises.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
in this months big question are all the sources going through the rdac or using their own analogue output?

sorry if i should have posted this elsewhere.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
sorry if i'm reading this wrong, but as they are all going through different analogue outputs it's not comparing digits to digits, it's comparing different dacs and outputs as well as digits, and so impossible to point at where the differences are coming from.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Agreed, but the point was to look at different ways of storing and serving digital music – laptop/DAC, all-in-one server/player, NAS/streaming client – (ie the kind of choices a consumer might make), and feed them through the same amplification and speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts